Easy Crockpot Pork Salsa Verde
This post contains affiliate links.
Pork salsa verde is one of my family’s favorite meals. We have this a couple of times a month. It’s so easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand so I don’t have to worry about going out and buying anything special for this meal. I love cooking out of my slow cooker. It’s really convenient when you are running to practices and helping kids with homework.
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 1 16 oz jar green salsa
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- Quarter the onion and put in the crockpot.
- Add the roast on top.
- Slice the pepper and add it in. Mine were frozen from my garden last summer. 🙂
- Pour the green salsa on top.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it’s done, start the rice. You will also need to shred the pork now too. This should be very easy because it should just fall apart using 2 forks.
- After you get the rice started, prepare your items to top the salsa verde. Simply shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
That’s it! This is so easy to make and delicious. My kids don’t eat the rice. We just roll up the meat, peppers, and toppings in a tortilla and they love it. Hope you enjoy.
Here’s a quick video to show you how easy it is! 🙂
You can check out more of my videos on YouTube or Facebook.
I love using my slow cooker and try to use it as much as I can. It saves me so much time. If you love using your slow cooker too and you need some fresh ideas, then you’ll want to check out this cookbook from Six Sisters’ Stuff! It has a ton of great recipes and for only $4.99!!
You may also like this post.