20 Things Your Kids Can Do Instead of Screen Time
This post contains affiliate links.
Yesterday I did a post on reducing screen time for your kids. You can read about it here. I included simple rules that you can incorporate so your kids are off the screen, which include tablets, video games, computers and TVs.
So now, your kids are complaining they’re bored and they don’t have anything to do. This is what happens in my house. Here are 20 things they can do instead of being on a screen.
- Reading (a real book)
- Playing board games
- Going for a walk or bike ride
- Building a Fort
- Planning the dinner menu
- Watering the garden
- Walking the dog
- Checking the mail
- Writing in a journal
- Playing outside
- Inviting a friend over
- Painting with water colors
- Get out an old toy
- Puzzles (This is a fun 3D Minion one that we have.)
- Get out of the house. When my kids are really going nuts, I take them to the local skate park to get their energy out.
- Talk! 🙂 Sometime we forget to REALLY talk to each other.
You may also like these posts.