This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DotComDIY #CollectiveBias
The worst thing is trying to shop with kids. I have three and I’m exhausted when I get back. I went out on Friday and it was torture. I get so distracted and forget things AND come home with items I don’t need and aren’t on my list. This time I came home with one of those little mister fans for the beach and pool because my daughter HAD to have it.
This is my favorite way to shop…ONLINE!
5 things you should be buying online (but aren’t)
- Jewelry– My husband did a lot of shopping for my engagement ring and ended up buying it online. I remember going out looking for my wedding band and the sales people were trying to get me to buy something I didn’t want and it was really frustrating. Since then we have bought a lot of other jewelry online and it’s been great. You can really search for a good deal.
- Sports Equipment– All three of my kids play multiple sports and equipment can get VERY expensive. My husband likes to research different brands and and likes to read reviews. Many companies have some great deals and it’s great to look in the offseason.
- Home Decor– If I go shopping for home decorations I get so overwhelmed. I could go in looking for a frame and get distracted by pillows, wall art, pots. You name it. I like being able to get different ideas and look at different styles and if I get sidetracked I can just close out the window and go do what I need to do. I love being able to save items that I like, but not ready to buy.
- Pantry Items– I love doing this! I hate running out of TP, laundry detergent or cleaning supplies. There are a few companies that you can get great discounts and free shipping on everyday items.
- Car Parts- Who would have thought to buy your motor oil online too? I know it’s summer and I didn’t want to drag my kids into the store and get in the crowd so I went to Walmart.com. I looked in my owners manual to see what kind of motor oil I needed to buy. I got online to place the order for the Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 oil and paid for it online. They had an option to pick up from the store so I chose that! (Notice that it’s on sale right now!) If your Walmart didn’t carry what you needed you could still buy it and they would ship it to your store too for no charge!
My husband works near Walmart so it worked out perfect. When he got off work he went straight to the pickup area inside the store and they had it ready for him. They just handed it over and he was on his way home. It was very convenient.
Pennzoil Platinum is great in that it keeps engine parts cleaner and made from natural gas. It cleans out that gross sludge that other oils may leave behind.
You should really try buying some things online that you wouldn’t normally buy. It feels good to get shopping done at 10pm while your kids are asleep!
You may also like this post.