5 Things to do Before You Go To Bed
Lately I have been rushing around every morning. I can’t seem to wake up. My daughter has her last week of camp this week and it starts at 9 and I was late this morning! What am I going to do when school starts? I normally do a few things at night to make my mornings go smoother, but since it’s summer I’ve been neglecting those things. I need to get back in school mode and start getting prepared for the kids to head off early in the mornings. Every night before I go to bed I do a few little things that makes life easier in the morning. Here are 5 things to do before you go to bed.
Before you go to bed, you should…
1. Tuck your kids in- This is the time of night that your kids are quiet and you have their attention. You can ask them about their day and spend some one on one time with them. It only take a few minutes and it’s good for both of you. It sets the kids up for a good morning.
2. Start the Dishwasher- This serves several purposes. First, it cleans the kitchen up a little because now all the dirty dishes are out of the sink and stove. Second, I can run the dishwasher at night. I can take of the heated drying option so it saves me a little on energy. It has all night to dry. And third, all my dishes are now clean and I can put them away the next morning and the dishwasher is ready for the dirty breakfast dishes.
3. Wash your face- I know people have always say this, but that’s because it’s really important. You need to get off all your makeup and dirt from the day. Your face needs to breathe at night. You will look better in the morning without mascara running down your face too.
4. Lay your kids clothes out– This saves me so much time and they can even help. I don’t know how many arguments I’ve had in the morning about what my kids have picked out to wear. It’s just easier to grab an outfit and lay it out when you are tucking them in.
5. Knock one item off your to do list– This could be just to check your email, go through the real mail or make your grocery list. It feels good to wake up and you know that there is one less thing to do. I like making my grocery list in the evenings because I was just in the kitchen so I know what I need to buy. I keep the list on my phone so when I think of something I can just add it in quickly.
It may not seem like much, but these little things do help and make you feel better. It’s nice to know when I wake up the dishes are clean and the kids will come down looking ok! Do you have anything that you do at night before bed?
You may also like these posts.