Did you know you can cook pizza out on your grill? You can! Try this grilled bacon onion pizza on a hot summer day.
I live in North Carolina and it’s hot here! After the heat of the afternoon, I don’t like turning on the oven. I love to go out and flip on the grill. It’s so easy and who doesn’t like the smell food cooking on a grill. You can always tell what your neighbors are having for dinner because it usually smells so good.
Grilled Bacon and Onion Pizza
Did you know you can grill pizza on the grill? It’s pretty simple and it won’t heat up your house on these hot days. This grilled bacon and red onion pizza is perfect for your family’s pizza night!
Ingredients for bacon onion pizza
- Refrigerated pizza dough- I found mine in the deli section of my grocery store. You can also make your own. Here are the instructions for that.
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Mozzarella, sliced
- Bacon, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
How to make a Onion Bacon Pizza
Cook bacon and crumble. Here’s the instructions to cook bacon in the oven. Have you ever done it that way?
Preheat grill to medium heat. Roll out refrigerated pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. I usually split the dough into personal pizza size so every family member can add their own toppings.
Before placing on the grill, rub olive oil on one side of the dough so it won’t stick.
Grill over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Take off and flip over onto plate, grill marks up. It doesn’t take much time at all.
Rub chopped garlic onto pizza crust. Add tomatoes, red onions, bacon, mozzarella, and basil. (I like to use a zester for garlic. It makes it very find and easy to spread.)
Place back on grill for 5-10 minutes or until done.
NOTE: We like our pizza crust thick. If you like yours thin, it won’t take as long to cook.
More Great Grilling Recipes
Grilled Bacon and Red Onion Pizza
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 4 oz packed fresh mozzarella sliced
- Fresh basil
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3-4 roma tomatoes sliced thin
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Roll out refrigerated pizza dough according to directions.
- Before placing on the grill, rub olive oil on one side of the dough so it won’t stick.
- Place dough on grill for about 3-5 minutes. Take off and flip over onto plate, grill marks up.
- Rub chopped garlic onto pizza crust. Add tomatoes, red onions, bacon, mozzarella, and basil.
- Place back on grill for 5-10 minutes or until done.