This delicious roasted Brussels sprouts with cranberries are the easiest thing you’ll make this holiday season. Make sure to save this yummy side dish recipe to use in years to come.
Ok- Thanksgiving has past, Christmas is coming fast AND you need a veggie dish. If you want an alternative to green beans, this is the recipe for you.
I always feel that holiday meals are full of carbs and casseroles, so this is a great addition to any holiday or even weeknight meal. The flavor is great and leftovers are fantastic too. You can even put your kids to work on this Christmas Brussels sprouts recipe. It’s that easy.
Grab this holiday brussels sprouts recipe with Cranberries below.
Did you know that Brussels sprouts are actually a food that helps you lose weight? It is. They are low on the glycemic index and have more fiber than other vegetables. They are filled with antioxidants.
I know a lot of people don’t really like them, but I love them and this is a great recipe that adds in some other great flavors. This recipe is also gluten free. Cranberries are my favorite. I have an easy cranberry sauce recipe and a sparkling cranberry shots that’s perfect for those family gatherings. Think jello shots!
Ingredients for roasted brussels sprouts recipe with dried cranberries
- Fresh Brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- Olive oil- Only 2 tablespoons olive oil to keep the fat down.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried cranberries (craisins)
Brussels sprouts and maple syrup are a great combo, but this recipe doesn’t need it. The craisins are sweet and no additional sweeter is needed.
How to make roasted brussel sprouts for Christmas (with craisins)
Preheat oven and wash and cut brussel sprouts in half.
Add Brussels sprouts, salt, olive oil, craisins and balsamic vinegar to a large baggie. Turn the baggie upside and to coat the brussel sprouts with other ingredients.
Lay out brussels sprouts on foil lined baking sheet.
You can add pecans, walnuts and even bacon to this recipe to make it even more special!
Cook time is about 20 minutes.
More holiday recipes
- Homemade cranberry sauce– Made with fresh cranberries
- Slow cooker trukey breast– Perfect for a small holiday dinner.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and cut brussel sprouts in half.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt, olive oil, craisins and balsamic vinegar to a large baggie. Turn the baggie upside and to coat the brussel sprouts with other ingredients.
- Lay out brussels sprouts on foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.