Your preschooler can help out so much at your house. Let them be independent and assign them chores to complete around the house. I don’t have a chore chart at my house because I’ve learned that it is overwhelming to my kids. Instead I switch things up an give them a couple to do each day. That way they’re not bored by doing the same thing and they get to learn a variety of things. My daughter will be entering Kindergarten in the fall and here’s a list of the chores that she completes at our house.
- Make the bed– They may not be the best at this, but let them keep trying. I never touch up their work. I alway say good job. They have been getting better and better.
- Set the table
- Clean off the table
- Rinse dishes off– Here’s my daughter doing the dishes. She loves helping out. She rinses and I load the dishwasher. (Several people have asked about my dishes. These are the ones I have.)
- Put folded clothes away in the proper drawer. I lay the clothes out after they are folded. I make a pile of shirts, pants, and pjs. That way she can take each pile and it put it in the correct drawer.
- Fold Laundry*- Folding laundry can be tough for little ones. I just put my daughters clothes out and let her fold her own. If I let her fold more, I would be redoing a lot!
- Vacuum out the car- This is one of her favorite chores. She can be out there for an hour getting all the little pieces up.
- Pick up the toys
- Take clothes to the laundry room
- Feed the family pet
- Hold the bag when cleaning up dog poop
- Use a disinfecting wipe to clean the bathroom sink
- Gather the bathroom trash on trash day
- Check the mail
- Straightening the shoes- We keep shoes in a closet and the garage. One of her chores is to make sure those look nice.
- Watering the plants or garden
What chores do you have your preschooler doing?
You may also like these posts.