16 Chores for your Preschooler
This post contains affiliate links.
Your preschooler can help out so much at your house. Let them be independent and assign them chores to complete around the house. I don’t have a chore chart at my house because I’ve learned that it is overwhelming to my kids. Instead I switch things up an give them a couple to do each day. That way they’re not bored by doing the same thing and they get to learn a variety of things. My daughter will be entering Kindergarten in the fall and here’s a list of the chores that she completes at our house.
- Make the bed– They may not be the best at this, but let them keep trying. I never touch up their work. I alway say good job. They have been getting better and better.
- Set the table
- Clean off the table
- Rinse dishes off– Here’s my daughter doing the dishes. She loves helping out. She rinses and I load the dishwasher. (Several people have asked about my dishes. These are the ones I have.)
- Put folded clothes away in the proper drawer. I lay the clothes out after they are folded. I make a pile of shirts, pants, and pjs. That way she can take each pile and it put it in the correct drawer.
- Fold Laundry*- Folding laundry can be tough for little ones. I just put my daughters clothes out and let her fold her own. If I let her fold more, I would be redoing a lot!
- Vacuum out the car- This is one of her favorite chores. She can be out there for an hour getting all the little pieces up.
- Pick up the toys
- Take clothes to the laundry room
- Feed the family pet
- Hold the bag when cleaning up dog poop
- Use a disinfecting wipe to clean the bathroom sink
- Gather the bathroom trash on trash day
- Check the mail
- Straightening the shoes- We keep shoes in a closet and the garage. One of her chores is to make sure those look nice.
- Watering the plants or garden
What chores do you have your preschooler doing?
You may also like these posts.