Are you searching for a side dish for dinner tonight? This cilantro rice in the rice cooker is flavorful and delicious. Your entire family should eat it up.
It’s always easy for me to find a meat and vegetable to make for dinner. Sides are tough for me. Nothing ever sounds good and my kids always complain. I had some extra cilantro and wanted to use it before it went bad and came up with the cilantro lime rice. It really brings some flavor into a plain meal. We love Mexican food and cilantro at my house and we ate this up.
This goes well with a chicken or pork dinner that’s cooked in the oven or grilled outside. I live in North Carolina and grill all year long. Grilled chicken and this cilantro rice is one of my favorite combinations. I don’t have to season the chicken much because the rice is so flavorful.
Cilantro Rice in the Rice Cooker
I know cilantro is one of those herbs that people love or hate, but I feel it can make a meal so much better. Chipotle cilantro lime rice is one of my favorites. Since you are reading this recipe then you must be a cilantro lover too. I think the taste of cilantro lime rice brings a freshness to any meal.
If you make homemade burritos then you’ll want to try this rice. It makes them taste so good!
Kitchen Tools to make Cilantro Rice
OK- This is an easy one. The main thing you need is a rice cooker. Of course, you don’t need a rice cooker to make rice, but it’s nice to have one if you have the room in your pantry to store one. You can always make it the old fashioned way – on the stove. I eat rice all the time so I love mine.
What are the best parts of a rice cooker?
- Your rice is done perfectly every time!
- Your rice is ready and warm when you’re ready. I love that you don’t have to time your meals perfectly. It switches to warm when the rice is done so it’s ready when the rest of your meal is ready.
I tried cooking my rice in an instant pot but didn’t have good results, so I’ve stuck with the rice cooker since.
Rice cookers are pretty inexpensive, but of course, there are some pricey ones out there. You can get big or small ones too.
- Zojirushi rice cookers are the most expenive but tend to have the best reviews. These are for the serious rice eaters.
- Aroma is a great inexpensive rice cooker that gets the job done.
- The Dash rice cooker is small if you are single or cooking for two people.
Ingredients for Cilantro Rice
Scroll down to see and print the entire recipe with instructions.
- Cooked Rice- You can use regular white rice, brown rice or basmati rice. That’s the best part of this recipe, you can use your favorite rice or whatever you have in the pantry.
- Cilantro- I love cilantro and you probably do too if you are looking at this recipe.
- Lime juice- You can use freshly squeezed lime juice or the juice from a bottle to save time. I normally use bottled juice because it’s easy when I’m just throwing a quick meal together.
- Salt to taste
How to make cilantro lime rice recipe
Cook rice according to your rice cooker directions. You can do this on the stovetop if you want to. I normally use a cup of water for every cup of rice in the rice cooker and it takes about thirty minutes.
While the rice is cooking chop up your cilantro.
Once done, add the finely chopped cilantro and lime juice to the rice. Stir until well mixed and serve while warm.
More recipes you’ll like.
- Slow Cooker Pork with Salsa Verde– This is a family favorite and I make it once a week.
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 3 Cheese Queso Dip
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/3 -1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Once done add in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Serve while warm.