This slow cooker hamburger hash is easy and delicious. Serve it for breakfast or dinner for a quick meal that will become a family favorite.
This is such a simple and great dinner (or even breakfast). My middle son loves this meal and asks for it every week. He loves it after coming in from a cold football or lacrosse practice. It’s a great hardy meal for those cold winter nights.
How to Make Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
I made this in the morning and put all the ingredients in my crock pot, then put my crock pot in the refrigerator. All I had to do was pull it out when it was ready to start cooking. This is a good amount for my family of 5 and I serve it with a fried egg or two on top for additional protein.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
- Ground beef
- Frozen hash brown potatoes
- Onion soup mix- I’ve tested this with cream of mushroom soup, but find the soup mix has a better flavor.
- Salt and black pepper
- Beef broth
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional- Fried eggs for the top.
How to Make Slow Cooker Hamburger and Potatoes
Brown the ground beef on the stove and drain off the grease. Add it to your crockpot.
Add hash browns, onion soup mix, chopped onion, and beef broth, salt, pepper and stir.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring a couple of times.
Add shredded cheese 30 minutes before serving.
*hint*- If you over cook this, the hash browns get really mushy. It’s still delicious, but just a warning!
Here’s a BAD picture of the final product with a fried egg on top. It was dark outside, but wanted to show you what it looked like.
More Slow Cooker Recipes you’ll like
- Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Pork and Apples– My most popular slow cooker recipe.
Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash
- 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
- 26 oz package frozen hash browns
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-2 teaspoons salt pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown your ground beef on the stove and drain off the grease and add to your crockpot.
- Add hash browns, onion soup mix, chopped onion, and beef broth, salt, pepper and stir.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring a couple of times.
- Add shredded cheese 30 minutes before serving.