My crockpot recently went kaput and I had to buy a new one. I went about 2 weeks without one and it drove me crazy, so I finally went out and bought one and have been using it a lot. I used to have chicken and dumplings a lot when I was younger and I have been craving it for it for a couple of weeks now so I thought I would try and make crockpot chicken and dumplings because I have a ton of Christmas shopping left to do.
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
People love chicken and dumplings, but many are afraid to cook it themselves. I think they are intimated and think it’s hard and time consuming. This recipe is so simple and easy. You will wonder why you never tried making it before.
I love cooking in my slow cooker. I have three kids and they have a gazillion activities, so having dinner ready when I come home is a life safer. This is one of their favorite meals when it’s cool outside.
Here are a few more slow cooker meals that we love too!
- Salsa Verde
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Hamburger Tomato Soup
- White Chicken Chili
- Pork and Apples– One of the most popular on my site.
Make sure to click over and save a couple of those too. It will come in handy when you have a busy weeknight!
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz frozen veggies half a bag
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10 count biscuits canned
- Add your chicken and veggies in the crockpot.
- Add your chicken broth, water, flour, bullion cube, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Quarter each biscuit and drop into crockpot and cook for 2 more hours. Stirring once after an hour.
That’s it. It’s 37 degrees out right now and I can’t wait until I’m done typing this so I can go have a bowl! YUM!
You may also like this crockpot meal.