So many people take shortcuts and buy canned cranberry sauce. Here’s a SUPER EASY homemade cranberry sauce that takes less than 30 minutes.
Can you believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday? Did you get ingredients for fresh cranberry sauce?
There are a bunch of cranberry sauce recipes out there, but you found the best. This is an easy recipe because it doesn’t take long to cook. You can even make it the day before and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
My husband LOVES cranberry sauce. Add it to your turkey sandwich the next day with a little left over stuffing and you’ve got a great lunch!
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
No one wants to spend a lot of time on cranberry sauce and making cranberry sauce from scratch is simple. This recipe only has a few ingredients, which you probably already have and you can throw it together a day ahead or last minute.
You can put another family on cranberry sauce duty, even the people that don’t cook, because it’s pretty easy and can’t mess it up.
Ingredients to make homemade cranberry sauce.
- Frozen or fresh cranberries– You can find fresh cranberries in the produce section around the holidays. Frozen cranberries can be harder to find.
- Brown sugar– this gives the cranberry sauce a little sweetness.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Orange zest– The secret ingredient! If you don’t have an orange, you can use orange juice. Just reduce the water.
- Cinnamon– This rounds out the flavor.
- You can add a pinch of salt if you want.
How to make cranberry sauce?
- Add the vinegar, orange zest, cinnamon, water and sugar to a pot set on hight heat Add the cranberries and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally. The cranberries will start popping.
- Once cranberries have burst, reduce heat down and simmer for 20 minutes. Sometimes it will be ready in as little as 15 minutes.
- Bring to room temerature before storing in the refrigerator.
More great cranberry recipes.
- Cranberry Crisp– A really good dessert
- Sugared Cranberries
- Pork with Cranberry and Apple Salad
- Cranberry Pancakes
- Sparkling Cranberry Shots
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 16 oz. frozen or fresh cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Orange zest from one orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Mix all the ingredients, add to a pot, and bring to a boil. The cranberries will start popping. This takes around 5-8 minutes.
- Once cranberries have popped, turn the heat down and simmer for about 20 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Let cool and place in air tight container in refrigerator.
Check out my new website, ChristmasMom! It’s everything Christmas, all the time!
It’s got recipes, printables, family and gift ideas!