Delicious Eggless Carrot Cupcakes
I know there’s a lot of carrot cake recipes out there, but what about EGGLESS carrot cake cupcakes! Grab your bowls and mixer and get started on this yummy recipe.
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, then you know I’m allergic to eggs and I don’t like making things I can’t eat. I started experimenting with recipes and have created a bunch that are eggless! Many are located on my site so take some time to look around.
Eggless Carrot Cupcakes
Who else is a carrot cake fan? We’re on spring break this week and with Easter coming up, I thought I would type this up and get it out to y’all.
This cupcake is so light and moist and the vanilla buttercream frosting is fantastic on it.
I think it’s easier to make eggless recipes in smaller sizes. Eggs help hold baked goods together. You can make an eggless cake that holds together well, but I don’t like using weird ingredients that you have to buy special and will never use again.
I used basic vanilla buttercream frosting for these. It’s super easy to make.
Supplies that I LOVE that make this recipe easier.
- Silicone cupcake liners– My kids love these and you can just throw them in the dishwasher. This is a 12 pack so make sure to purchase two! They are a necessity for eggless recipes.
- Cooling racks– These are my very favorite and the main reason is because they don’t take up a lot of space in my cabinet.
- Calphalon Muffin Tin– I also got this for a wedding gift and still makes perfect cupcakes and muffins.
Ingredients for eggless carrot cake
- Baking soda
- Ground ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
Instructions for eggless carrot cake cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with a non stick spray.
Add flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon to a bowl and stir.
In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, applesauce, vanilla and carrots and blend until combined well with an electric hand mixer or hand mixer.
Slowly add it dry ingredients to wet ingredients while mixing.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 way and bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before adding frosting.
More eggless recipes you may like
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– My most popular recipe!
- Banana Bread
Eggless Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups carrots ( about 3 large) grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with a non stick spray.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon to a bowl and stir.
- In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, applesauce, vanilla and carrots and blend until combined well with an electric hand mixer or hand mixer.
- Slowly add it dry ingredients to wet ingredients while mixing.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 way and bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before adding frosting.