My kids love anything mini. This eggless chocolate cookie recipe is so delicious, and with only five ingredients, they are quick and easy to make.
Spring break is coming up and with the kids home playing, we have tons of extra time. I love to bake and this is on the list as one of our favorite cookies to make. Another good thing is that they are eggless.
These crunchy cookies are great to grab when you are needing a little sweet snack. They are perfect with a tall glass of milk.
Eggless Chocolate Cookies
These are so yummy, but I suggest using a small cookie cutter on them. I’ve tried making these in a larger size and they do much better in a smaller cutout. I’m working on a larger cookie now so keep checking back.
Tools to make Eggless Chocolate Cookies
Small Cookie Cutters– I got my cookie cutters at Target, but here’s a link to some from Amazon.
Baking Sheet– I’ve had these baking sheets forever and love that they are bigger. I can usually get 16 cookies on a sheet when I’m baking.
Handheld Electric Mixer– You can use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you don’t have to get it out if you don’t want to. A simple hand mixer will do fine. I actually use my hand mixer way more than my stand mixer. It’s just easier to get out and clean. Anyway, the hand mixer I linked to above is one I got for a wedding gift over twenty years ago and it’s still going strong and I bake A LOT! I definitely recommend it.
Large bowl– I LOVE stainless steel bowls. They are great in the kitchen for all kinds of cooking and baking. They hold up well and don’t need to replace often.
Wire Rack– You have to have a wire rack for this recipe and I like the one linked because it doesn’t take up much room in your cabinet.
Ingredients for Chocolate Eggless Cookies for kids
- Butter- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before you start. I use salted butter in most of my recipes because that’s what I normally buy.
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract– I love vanilla! It gives baked goods such a great flavor. I make homemade vanilla extract and it’s super easy because it only takes two ingredients. You can hop over there to see the instructions on that if you’re interested in making your own too.
Optional- You can sprinkle some chocolate chips in the batter if you want double chocolate cookies.
How to make chocolate cookies without eggs
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla extract. Gradually add in the dry ingredients- flour, then cocoa powder. You can use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer if you don’t want to pull out the big one.
Place the unbaked cookie dough in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Roll dough flat (about 1/4” thick) and use cookie cutters, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies for 6-8 minutes. I used a small cookie cutter for these cookies.
Store your cookies in an airtight container.
Eggless Dessert Resources
If you’re like me. then you’re probably on the lookout for more recipes that are egg free. I hate finding a recipe and clicking on it and it has an egg in it!
I started an eggless recipe board on my personal Pinterest page and then realized that I should probably link it to my blog. It’s great finding recipes that are egg free and when I need one I can go look and eat everything in it.
I also have an EGG FREE RECIPE Facebook page that I just started, so there is only one follower right now, me! (Update: It’s over 1500 now!!) Go follow over there and I’ll post any good recipes I find!
I also have several other popular egg free cookies. Make sure you bookmark those (or pin them) to save for later. The chocolate chip cookie recipe is ranked high on Google search so you know it has to be good!
More eggless recipes
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies– This is the most viewed cookie on my site and delicious!
- Eggless Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Eggless Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies– I love these and are always to first to go at any party!
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies– These are a great fall staple. Don’t leave the icing off. It’s the perfect cakey cookie.
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Eggless Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour, then cocoa powder.
- Place cookie dough in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough flat (about 1/4” thick) and use cookie cutters.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.