Kids love Elf on the Shelf, but it can be overwhelming to think of ideas. Here’s a great and EASY Elf on the Shelf calendar for lazy parents. Make sure to bookmark it because it’s updated every year!
I know you are going to hate me for putting this out so early, but I had time to update it so I’m putting it out there!
Elf on the Shelf- It’s a love it or hate it situation. There are the people that want to throw the elf across the room and others who are staying up late and creating the most fun tricks and situations.
Have you seen that meme around the Internet talking about the two kinds of moms? There’s a Pinterest mom or an Amazon mom. I’m definitely an Amazon mom. I have three busy kids and I don’t have a lot of extra time to create crazy Elf on the Shelf scenes.
My friend wrote the best blog post about Reasons Why your Elf on the Shelf forgot to move. She wrote this for someone like me.
FREE Printable Elf on the Shelf Idea Planning Calendar
I created the Elf on the Shelf planner because my daughter loves this sort of thing! She is always writing in notebooks and doing artwork. She loves when we get the advent calendars out and start opening the windows to get our little candies.
I thought she would love a calendar so she could write down what our elf was doing everyday. This is so cute because we can save it and look back when she gets older. I started this last year and what a fun way to start the holiday season- looking at all the fun our elf had last year.
I started thinking that it would be nice to have a printable calendar for me with elf ideas. Parents are so busy and figured it would be great for a mom to come here and print out a calendar with all the ideas already listed.
All the work has been done for you already! Woohoo!
Elf on the Shelf Ideas
These are super easy ideas. You don’t have to do much to prepare for any of them.
- Wrap your elf up like a present
- Elf squishing out toothpaste
- Elf stuck in Christmas tree
- Making hot cocoa
- Holding the TV remote and eating a little bowl of popcorn
- Making breakfast (Cereal, pancakes)
- Hanging onto a ceiling fan or light
- Peaking out of a stocking
- Hiding with stuffed animals and dolls
- Stick to the wall using bows
- Building a Lego house
- Reading a book
- Eating chocolate chips
- Stuck in a roll of toilet paper
- Hiding in the microwave
- Wrapped in a washcloth in the refrigerator (like a blanket)
- Day Off- Here are some great reasons why your Elf forgot to move!
- Folding a basket of laundry
- Art project with scissors, markers, and paper
- Eating a snack- box of crackers or goldfish
- Peaking out from behind a plant
- helping make the coffee
- Sitting in a shoe
- Hiding in a tissue box
Here are some Elf on the Shelf accessories that are super cute. They go with some of the ideas in the calendar, but they’re just extras, you don’t have to get them, but they’re fun!
- Elf on the Shelf Chef Outfit
- Elf on the Shelf Super Hero costume
- Elf on the Shelf hot cocoa set
- Elf on the Shelf book- How to Catch an Elf
Print out your Elf on the Shelf Calendar here!
It’s easy to print out. Just follow these directions. Click here and it will take you to Dropbox so you can download the image to your computer to save or print.
I have my printables stored there so I can give out a higher-quality image without slowing my website down. Please let me know if you have any issues and I’ll get you going!
Click here to go to the calendar to download. It won’t have the word EXAMPLE on it!!
Here’s a blank one, if you’d rather have that.
Here are a couple of Christmas ideas that you may like too!
- The 3 Christmas Gift Rule
- The BEST Christmas Cookies
- Ways to save money at Christmas
- Printable Christmas Gift Tags
- Souther Printable Christmas Gift Tags
- 75 + Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Check out my new website, ChristmasMom! It’s everything Christmas, all the time!
It’s got recipes, printables, family and gift ideas!