Family Beach Tips and CONTEST!!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Visit Gulf County. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love that it’s spring and I’m starting to plan my summer vacation!! I was at a baseball tournament all weekend and I was sitting out side in the sun and it was so nice and relaxing. I can’t wait to head to the beach this year. Florida is such a popular destination for summer vacations and many people (including me) live close enough to drive there in a day or less.
Family Beach Tips
- Don’t forget to sunscreen and apply often. You won’t be able to be outside and exploring if your sunburned.
- Pack one towel per person, then pack an extra. I have one son that will soak his in the ocean and then drop it in the sand.
- Always wear flip flops going down to your spot. You don’t want screaming kids because the sand it hot.
- Pick out a place near a life guard. It’s always nice to have an extra set of eyes on the water and kids.
- Spend the money and purchase a beach umbrella. It great to cool off and get out of the sun. You can use this year after year too.
- Don’t forget the snacks. Whatever you are doing on your beach vacation, carry snacks and pack a cooler. The worst is having to walk back and forth to the car, house, or store to get things you could already have. Don’t forget a small bag for trash.
- Put your phone in a baggie! You’ll probably take your phone down to the beach so just do it so you won’t ruin it.
- I like to load up on lotion sunscreen before we go out. Once I’m down at the beach I like the spray. It’s easier and the worst feeling in the world is rubbing in a glob of lotion on sandy skin.
Of course there are other things to do besides going to the beach when you’re on your beach vacation. A great place to visit this year is Gulf County, FL (GCFL). It’s 43 miles of beach in the Florida panhandle. There is a great balance of natural activities as well as other fun things to do in town. You have easy access to fresh water like the Dead Lakes and salt water like the Gulf of Mexico, St. Joseph Bay, Indian Pass Lagoon, the Gulf County Canal and more. Here are just some things you can do
- diving – You can get supplies at Daly’s Watersports
- see wildlife and sea wildlife 🙂 Is this not the cutest little turtle?
- Stay right on the Gulf at Serenity Beach Rentals
- Just relax and lay on the beach
You can literally do something new EVERY DAY! Gulf County, FL has some great things to offer. I love to lay on the beach, but now that my kids are getting older they like to do more activities and do more exploring.
I get the opportunity to give someone a $100 Sierra Trading Post gift card! WooHoo!!!! You’ll need to answer the question below by heading over the GCFL website to find the answer. Come back here and leave your answer in the comment section below. I’ll pick a winner on May 2, 2016.
Click on over to GCFL Adventure Guide and find the answer. Come back and put the answer in the comment section below. I’ll pick one winner that will receive the gift card. Hint! Look at the Do Your Thing menu!