50 Places People Forget to Clean- A checklist for cleaning house
You think your house is clean, but most people forget some things. Here are 50 places people forget to clean. Not anymore!
Everyone remembers to clean the toilets and clean the hardwood floors, but there are a ton of places you should be cleaning and probably forget. Most don’t take long and should be added to your cleaning routine.
Some should be done every week, but others can be done once a month or even once a year.
Doesn’t it feel good to have a clean house. Grab this cleaning checklist and all your cleaning supplies and get to work.
You may also like some of these cleaning tips too.
- 30-Day Cleaning Challenge
- Spring Cleaning Tips for People that Don’t like to Clean
- 10 Places People forget to Clean in the in Kitchen
- 10 Places People forget to Clean in the in Bathroom
50 Places People Forget to Clean
- Wash the shower curtain
- Replace the shower curtain liner
- Behind the toilet
- Shower drain
- The place where you keep your shampoo in the shower
- Bottom of shower door- Lots of gunk!
- Ceiling fans- Here’s a little tool to help.
- That little ledge above the door
- Baseboards- Magic eraser works well with these.
More places to add to your cleaning list
- On top of the refrigerator
- Inside refrigerator
- Kitchen table legs
- Table chairs
- Light fixtures
- Lamp Shades- I vacuum mine with my Dustbuster or use the wand on my vacuum! You can remove it to make it a little easier too.
- Window sills- Warm water with a little dish soap does a great job.
- Door knobs
- Closet floors
- Coffee maker- Run vinegar through once and then plain water (at least three times).
- Tops of wall frames
- Top of the microwave
and more to add to your checklist for house cleaning
- Inside microwave
- Computer keyboard- I use this to clean my electronics.
- Computer mouse
- Remote controls
- Computer Screen
- Behind the couch
- Under chairs
- House phone
- Cell phone- We buy alcohol wipes that makes this super easy!
- Silverware drawer
- Oven drawer- An all purpose cleaner will work fine on this.
- Inside of trash cans- All of them! If it’s sitting out you may need to replace it. It just looks nicer.
- Pantry floor
- Air filter grates- I take mine outside and spray with the waterhose and use a scrub brush to get in all the small spaces.
even more places you forget to clean in your home…
- Air vent grates
- Behind washer and dryer
- Inside washing machine
- Outside of washer and dryer
- Front Door
- Door from garage into house
- Dust house plants- You can use a light touch and a microfiber cloth.
- Under the sinks
- Outside furniture
- Light switches- Replace any broken ones.
- Button to garage door- Mine was filthy!
- Pet bowls or just buy new ones!
- Garbage disposal- BONUS!
Do you have all theses things on your list of things to clean in your house? How many do you already do? How many are you adding to your list? Sometimes you know what you need to do and you just need a little reminder and motivation to get it done! Good luck!