Get this recipe for blueberry stuffed french toast. This is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for any special occasion, weekend or regular weekday.
You wouldn’t know if from the recipes I post, but my family is HUGE on breakfast! I don’t do many on here because I’m just to tired in the morning to get organized and take pictures.
One year I had a New Year’s resolution of NO cereal for the entire year. It was tough to start, but it became easier to have healthy and quick breakfasts with little planning.
This blueberry stuffed french toast is great. You can make it the night before and throw it in the oven when you wake up.
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you’re probably shocked by this recipe on here for two reasons. The first is that I normally do desserts. The second is that I’m allergic to eggs and this breakfast is basically eggs!
Even though I can’t eat it, my kids love breakfast and French toast. This is a great breakfast for brunch, holidays, weekends, or just a normal weekday. I definitely get my kids involved when I make anything with eggs so I don’t have to touch them. They love helping out and I think they love this recipe even more because they help make it.
I love pecans with maple syrup and everyone in my house loves this recipe. I wish I could eat it!
Tools to make Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Rectangle Baking Dish– I have this baking dish I received as a Christmas gift and I love it. It’s heavy and easy to clean.
Whisk– If you don’t have a whisk or need a new one, this silicon 3 pack is GREAT! It comes in three different sizes so they are perfect for all kinds of dishes and for both stainless and nonstick pots and pans.
Large bowl– I LOVE stainless steel bowls. They are great in the kitchen for all kinds of cooking and baking. They hold up well and don’t need to replace often.
Measuring cups– If you are measuring your liquids with regular measuring cups, then stop NOW! These glass ones are awesome and easy to pour. I like how you can heat liquids in the microwave with them too.
Ingredients for stuffed french toast casserole
- Medium loaf for French bread- I bought this from my regular grocery store in the bakery department. They usually cost between $1-$2.
- Cream cheese
- Milk- You can use heavy cream if you prefer. I don’t buy it so I just used my regular milk.
- Vanilla extract– I love vanilla! It’s gives baked goods such a great flavor. I make homemade vanilla extract and it’s super easy because it only takes two ingredients. You can hop over there to see the instructions on that if you’re interested in making your own too.
- Light brown sugar
- All purpose flour
- Butter- I normally buy salted butter so that’s what I used In this recipe. You can use unsalted butter too.
- Pecans- These are optional but so good!
How to make blueberry french toast recipe
Cube bread and cream cheese and set aside.
Add half the bread into a 9″x13″ greased baking dish. Add half the cream cheese cubes and half of the blueberries. Repeat.
Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to a bowl and mix. Pour over the bread mixture. Make sure you push down any bread that didn’t get wet. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. You want the egg mixture to really soak into the bread.
For the topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter, and pecans (optional) and mix until crumbly.
Place the French toast bake into the oven set at 350F and bake for 40 minutes. Take out and add the topping and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
Top with maple syrup, powdered sugar and whipped cream and ENJOY!
More Breakfast Recipes
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5-6 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans optional
- Cube bread and cream cheese and set aside.
- Add half the bread into a 9″x13″ greased baking dish. Add half the cream cheese cubes and half of the blueberries. Repeat.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla to a bowl and mix. Pour over bread. Make sure you push down any bread that didn’t get wet. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. You want the egg mixture to really soak into the bread.
- For the topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter, and pecans (optional) and mix until crumbly.
- Place the French toast bake into the oven set at 350F and bake for 40 minutes. Take out and add the topping and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup and whipped cream and ENJOY!