Garlic butter shrimp fettuccine with kale and tomatoes is the perfect family dinner. It has simple ingredients with just a few steps.
This fettuccine with shrimp has recently become a family favorite dinner. I first made this on Ash Wednesday and my kids love shrimp and they gobbled it up. I even snuck some healthy tomatoes and kale in there too. Who doesn’t love lemon garlic shrimp?
You can make this in about 30 minutes so it’s perfect for a weeknight meal when headed to sports practice and helping with homework. I love easy meals that are served as one dish like this.
Recipe for Garlic Butter Shrimp Fettuccine
This recipe is perfect to add to your meal plan. It’s light, filling but flavorful and absolutely delicious.
Ingredients for Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
Shrimp– You can buy this frozen from almost all grocery stores in the frozen food aisle. You’ll want to get it shelled and deveined and then take the tails off.
Fettuccine- Fettuccine is my preferred pasta for this recipe, but spaghetti or linguine will work too.
Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe. I just use what is in my refrigerator, which is normally salted.
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic– Fresh is best, but you can use the jars of minced garlic to save time.
Cherry tomatoes– You’ll want to make sure to cut these in half for this recipe.
Kale– Kale gives this recipe so much beautiful color!
Lemon juice– You can squeeze a fresh lemon, but lemon juice is just as tasty.
Salt and black pepper to taste
You’ll want to top this pasta recipe off with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
How to make Garlic Butter Shrimp Fettuccine
Wash, destem, and sauté kale in extra virgin olive oil. Cook until wilted, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
While the kale is cooking, begin to cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Don’t forget to salt the water.
Prepare your shrimp by pulling off the tails.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic. Cook your garlic butter sauce until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add sliced cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add cooked kale and shrimp to butter and tomatoes. Cook until warm. Reminder: The shrimp is already cooked so it’s just to warm them up!
Toss shrimp mixture with pasta. Add lemon juice, salt and black pepper to taste.
More shrimp recipes you need to save
Garlic Butter Shrimp Fettuccine with Tomatoes and Kale
- 1 pound frozen shrimp cooked, deveined, shelled and tails off
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash, destem, and sauté kale in extra virgin olive oil. Cook until wilted, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- While the kale is cooking, begin to cook the fettuccine according to directions on the package.
- Prepare your shrimp by pulling off the tails.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked kale and shrimp to butter and tomatoes. Cook until warm. Reminder: The shrimp is already cooked so it's just to warm them up!
- Toss shrimp mixture with pasta. Add lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.