Here’s the perfect option for your cookout this weekend. This salt and pepper ribs recipe for beef ribs is easy and delicious. You’ll love them.
I live in North Carolina and I’m always grilling out, usually all year long. We love ribs and cook them often so I thought I would write it up and take a couple of pictures. I’m always on the lookout for new dinner recipes and this is a good one!
The secret to cooking these is low and slow. They are super easy to prepare and you don’t have to stand over while it’s cooking. It’s perfect if you’re having a party or have other things to do. Scroll down to grab this recipe for salt and pepper ribs.
Salt and Pepper Ribs Recipe
I’m not a huge spare ribs (pork) eater. I would much rather have beef ribs. Maybe I haven’t master cooking them yet. I like how these beef ribs are so tender and flavorful. I personally like them best without BBQ sauce because they taste so good without it.
Ingredients for Salt and Pepper Ribs
- Beef ribs – You’ll need two racks. Mine came in a package that contained two.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- BBQ sauce of choice- Optional (This is my favorite!)
I sprinkled some green onions on these for the photo, but you can also sprinkle them on top of your BBQ sauce so they’ll stick.
How to make Salt and Pepper Beef Ribs
Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and mix. Rub all over the front and backs of 2 racks of beef ribs.
When you start mixing this up, you may feel like you are putting on too much seasoning. You aren’t. Rub it all on.
Place ribs on foil and wrap tightly. Place on the grill set at 250F. I have a 5 burner grill and I turned on 2 burners at the lowest setting. It stayed right around 250F. You are going to cook this on low heat for a long time. You can use a charcoal grill too. I just don’t know how to regulate the temperature on one of those things!
Cook for 1 hour. Turn over and cook another hour. Make sure the ribs are under over the burners that are on.
Cook time is two hours, then you can add your barbecue sauce. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
The meat is tender and delicious. You can eat with or without BBQ sauce. I usually do one rack with and one without. What’s your favorite BBQ sauce? I’m always looking for new ones to try.
Grill Set– You’ll need to have some good tongs and flipper for this recipe. I’ve had a set with wooden handles and I didn’t like them much. I love this kind that’s all metal and comes with a brush so you can add your BBQ sauce.
Large Cutting Board– I LOVE my big cutting board. It’s perfect to prepare foods, but I also use it as a carrying tray back and forth from my grill. It’s big enough to hold everything I cook out there.
More Great Recipes for your BBQ
You know you’re going to need some more food to go with your ribs.
- Creamy BLT Pasta Salad
- Grilled London Broil Marinade
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Cucumber Salad Recipe– This is a popular recipe on my site and easy and inexpensive to make.
- Grilled Potato Salad– This recipe has a great bacon vinaigrette dressing that’s perfect for summer recipes.
- Sweet Dry Rub for Pork Ribs
Reminder: If you make one of my recipes, it would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and rate it for other readers who are looking for something new to make.
Salt and Pepper Ribs Recipe for Beef Ribs
- 2 racks of beef ribs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and mix.
- Rub all over the front and backs of 2 racks of beef ribs.
- Wrap in foil and place on grill set at 250F.
- Cook for 1 hour. Turn over and cook another hour.
- After 2 hours you may add your BBQ sauce. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.