This post is sponsored by Mayfield Creamery. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that July was National Ice Cream month? If you know me, then you know that every month is ice cream month! I love it. It’s my go to dessert because I’m allergic to eggs. I may not be able to eat cakes and cookies (unless I make them and these cookies are the BEST), but I know I can enjoy some ice cream from Mayfield Creamery. You may know them as Mayfield Dairy, but they are going back to their roots and returning to their original name.
We’ve been on vacation at the beach for TWO WEEKS! It was a dream vacation and I’m so lucky my husband was able to take off for that amount of time. We literally laid on the beach for the entire two weeks. As you can probably imagine, it has been a very difficult transition coming back to reality. Let’s just say a huge pile of laundry and mail has been occupying my time.
I decided to make this DELICIOUS ice cream cake for our dessert before the work week starts, workouts, back to summer reading for the kids, making dinners, and household responsibilities begin. It was a nice way to end the weekend and end our vacation.
Mayfield Creamery is expanding across the south and southwest so if you don’t have it in your area, then keep your eyes out. It’s been around since 1923 so you know it’s good! They have some new flavors this year that include Lemon Ice Box Pie and Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake. They use fresh cream from a real dairy. Don’t you just love creamy ice cream? They carry it at Harris Teeter, Publix, and Lowe’s Food in my area.
Chocolate Lover’s Gooey Ice Cream Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 1.5 quart Mayfield Creamery Smokey Mountain Fudge
- Chocolate syrup
- Optional: whipped cream and cherries (Are these really optional? Probably not!! YUM!)
- Make cake according to directions in 2 round cakes.
- Cool cake on wire rack.
- This is the SECRET to make this cake work. Place a piece of plastic wrap in the bottom of one of the pans that you cooked the cake in. Fill it with softened iced cream. Freeze until hard.
I had some help!
- Once the ice cream is firm you’ll be able to pull the molded ice cream out of the cake pan by the the plastic wrap. It’s the PERFECT SIZE! Place it on top of one of the round cakes and the top with the second cake.
- Since the ice cream is already frozen, your cake is ready to eat. If you made it early, then keep it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat it. Top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and cherries.
This is the perfect summer dessert. My neighbor kids saw me make this and they all ended up at our house for dessert. Let’s just say that my husband barely had a piece!
You may also like this post.