There are a few things I do to keep my kids healthy. I think this is why my kids rarely get sick. They are just little things, but they work.
My kids are 5, 8, and 10 and we don’t have very many sick days. They are busy kids and around a bunch of different people. Both my boys wrestle and spend a lot of time close to other kids in matches and practices.
I’ve had people ask what I do to keep them healthy, so I started to think about it so I made up a list of a few things. These are the reasons I think we stay healthy and avoid the doctors office.
Why my kids rarely get sick
- I make them hand sanitize and wash their hands. As soon as the walk in from school I send them straight to the bathroom to clean off any germs. If I take them out to the store, we hand sanitize when we get back into the car. I don’t even want to think about what’s on those buggies!
- They drink lots of water. We always have water in the car and with our meals. I think staying hydrated is a huge help, especially in winter when the inside heat can really dry out everyone.
We have a couple of these water bottles and carry them around everywhere!
- They play outside– A LOT! My kids play outside all the time, even when it’s freezing. They get bundled up and I push them out the door. Most the time they get home from school, walk in the front door and then straight out the back. Getting outside and breathing in the fresh air is so refreshing!
- They love fruit and veggies. My kids eat so much fruit and especially oranges and clementines. They eat tons of apples, pineapples, and spinach salad, kiwi, and bell peppers which have tons of vitamin C.
- When I think they may be getting sick I don’t let them eat any SUGAR! If they tell me they are not feeling well, I make sure they don’t eat sugary foods because it’s much harder to fight the illness. Viruses love sugar!
Do you have any other tips for your family to keep them healthy?