Back to School Lunch Time Savers
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BTSwithMotts #CollectiveBias
It’s back to school time! Most days my 3 kids take a packed lunch from home. Sometimes it’s such a challenge to get a healthy lunch made when I’m busy (and tired). I try and do some things to make it a little easier on myself. Here are some tips to save time when you’re packing school lunches.
1. Cut all fruits and vegetables ahead of time I usually do this when I get home from the grocery store. I wash all the grapes and get them ready to eat. I cut up the broccoli and cauliflower so I ‘m not chopping it up late at night or first thing in the morning. I do it all at once.
2. Bag the fruits and veggies up in baggies or containers While you have everything out go ahead and put them in containers or baggies for the lunch boxes. This makes life so much easier. I make enough for the entire week and I have a special place I keep in my refrigerator to store them all. When it’s time to make lunch, I just grab what I need and throw it in.
3. Do a little the night before I know some people that pack school lunches at night. I don’t pack the entire lunch, but I do start. I lay all the lunch boxes out. I get out their water bottles and fill them up and stick them in the refrigerator so they are ready to grab in the morning. I usually give them water and then Mott’s® Apple Juice a couple days a week. I usually do this right after I clean up from dinner.
4. Pre-bag pantry items Just like the fruits and veggies, I like to prepare my pantry items ahead of time. I open the bag of pretzels and put them in the baggies ready to go. Again, I do this for the entire week.
5. Create a “lunch area” in your pantry I have a huge bowl that I put lunch and snack items in. This way the kids can help me pack lunch. I can ask them to grab a couple of items from the bowl and we’re done.
6. Buy items that are fast and healthy I love boxed raisins and Mott’s® Applesauce. I can take them out of the package and throw them in the bowl. Mott’s® Applesauce is great because I know it’s healthier. Sometimes I pack a straw and my kids “drink” their applesauce. I know, they’re weird. I bought mine at Dollar General and they have a Back to School display that makes it easy to find.
Dollar General has a really good deal on Mott’s® Applesauce and Apple Juice until August 23. The applesauce is $2.25 and the apple juice is $2.00. Time to stock up!
Are you looking for some new lunch ideas? Mott’s® has some great recipes I’m going to try out in the next couple of weeks. I can make them on the weekend so they’re all ready for the week. What are your time savers for packing lunch?