Peaceful Morning Routine for Moms
My mornings are so hectic! It’s a whirlwind to get the kids dressed, breakfast, lunches made and out the door. Once they leave I usually sit down and look at the mess and gather my thoughts. I usually look at my list of things to do and decide what task to tackle first. Here are a few things to make my mornings count and knock the tasks off my list and make my morning more peaceful.
- Make the bed– Don’t you feel a sense of accomplishment when the bed is made? It makes your room look nice and clean when it may not be.
- Unloaded and reload the dishwasher– I run my dish washer at night so I unload it in the morning. Then I start loading it back up. Usually there is something in the sink from the night before so I grab it too. If I don’t do it now then they really start to pile up and then dinner comes and instead of starting it, I’m cleaning.
- Drink a glass of water– I always try to drink a lot of water during the day. I try to start off by drinking a glass to start my day our right.
- Throw in a load of laundry– I do this about half the mornings. My kids are always needing football or baseball items washed or their favorite pair of socks.
- Decide what I’m making for dinner– I make sure I have everything I need so I can get dinner done quick and on time. The last thing I want to do is drive to the store at 7 at night to get a missing ingredient.
- Grab a quick breakfast– I love oatmeal and eat it every, single morning. However, I eat the kind that takes 30 minutes to make. If I get sidetracked and get busy doing something else, I’ve missed my window and then I’m starving and don’t want to wait over 30 minutes to eat. I recently heard about Nature Valley Bistro Bowls and they are the perfect thing to have that’s super quick and easy. I bought it at Publix and it was on the breakfast aisle with the cereal. It’s such a good idea really because you can use your brewing machine to make it. They have two different flavors, Apple Cinnamon Almond and Brown Sugar Pecan.
It’s really simple. Just put the mix in a mug and add the pod to your brewing machine.
It took less than a minute to make! That’s my kind of morning when you are in a hurry. You can get a $3 off coupon at Publix. It’s on the bottom left.
Along with the coupon that you can get here, I am giving away $10 in PayPal cash. Now you can really stock up. There are several different ways to gain entries so make sure you do them all so you have the best chance to win. Good luck!
You may also like this post.