Dive into fall vibes with our Pumpkin Alfredo pasta recipe! We’re talking creamy Alfredo sauce meets velvety pumpkin puree for a dish that’s cozy and satisfying. This Pumpkin Alfredo brings all the comfy autumn feels to your plate.
It’s fall and it’s time for all things pumpkin. This pumpkin Alfredo recipe is great for people who are looking for a savory pumpkin dish. Sometimes you need a change from normal pasta sauce.
I’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen and this has been one of my fall staple dinners. It’s the perfect recipe when I’m in a hurry or when I can’t think of anything else to make. The creamy sauce over fettuccine noodles is the perfect fall comfort food and the BEST part is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make!
Scroll down to get the full recipe.
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Sauce
It’s pumpkin season and all the fall flavors are on sale in the grocery store. This recipe is great because it has simple ingredients that you can add to your shopping list or you already have in your pantry.
My kids love regular alfredo and I make that sometimes or keep a jar of classic alfredo sauce, but this is a nice change for fall.
I usually add some pork chops or grilled chicken breasts to this creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta to give it a little protein. I normally have chicken in my refrigerator or freezer to go at any time because it’s so easy to prepare. I make a lot of leftovers because it’s perfect for all kinds of recipes, like buffalo chicken wraps or to add to salads for lunch.
Pumpkin is super healthy. I always have a can in my pantry. Here are a few of its great qualities so it’s great to get some in when you can.
- Vitamin C
- AND it’s a heart healthy food!
Special tools needed to make creamy pumpkin alfredo.
Whisk– The only special tool you need for this recipe is a whisk and I think pretty much everyone owns one of those. If you don’t have one or need a new one, this silicon 3 pack is GREAT! It comes in three different sizes so they are perfect for all kinds of dishes and for both stainless and nonstick pots and pans.
Box Grater– I love these box graters with a bunch of different sizes so you can use them for all kinds of things. You need this if you buy a block of parmesan cheese and want to grate it yourself.
Cracked Black Pepper– I use minimal black pepper when cooking except in a few recipes. This recipe is one of those recipes that I use it. Fresh cracked pepper tastes so good and this is an expensive way to have it freshly cracked every time.
Pasta Strainer– I replace my pasta strainer every so often and this is the latest one I have and love it. It helps up well and it’s easy to clean.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
- Fettuccine noodles- These noodles are great because they are flat and can hold tons of sauce. Many people like their pasta al dente, but I like mine well done. It’s all personal preference.
- Pumpkin puree– Make sure you don’t get the pumpkin pie can, just the canned pumpkin puree.
- Butter– This gives your dish a rich taste.
- Garlic– Perfect for a little kick.
- Heavy cream– You can’t have alfredo without cream.
- Parmesan cheese– You can use freshly shredded cheese or the kind in the container in the fridge. Whatever you have will work.
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Dash of Nutmeg- Just give a little sprinkle of nutmeg on your finished dish to give it all the fall flavors.
How to make creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce.
One reason I love this recipe is that it doesn’t dirty a bunch of dishes. You have one pot for the pasta and one pot for the sauce.
Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of salted water.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic. Stir in pumpkin and grated parmesan cheese. Whisk in heavy cream.
Drain pasta and add back to the pot. Pour alfredo sauce over pasta and stir until the noodles are well coated.
Serve with a dash of nutmeg on top!
If there is any left, then you’ll want to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Check out some of my other pumpkin recipes. However, I don’t have many savory dishes, all of these are sweets! I promise I’m working on some more savory ones.
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies– These are super easy and have only 3 ingredients.
- Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies. These are the best. Don’t leave off the icing!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer– After making the pumpkin alfredo sauce, you’ll have some pumpkin left over. This is a great recipe to use up some of that extra pumpkin you have left.
- Slow cooker pork and apples– This isn’t a pumpkin dish, however, it’s one of my most popular fall dishes. It’s very easy and delicious!
Don’t forget, your feedback is invaluable! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section and a fantastic 5-star rating would be truly appreciated. I’m glad I have the opportunity to provide you with top-notch recipes, and your ratings play an important role in guiding other cooks on their quest for exciting new dishes. Your support and insights are incredibly valuable to the whole community!
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo
- 16 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus another 1/2 cup to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Cook garlic and butter in pan over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream until heated through. Add salt and pepper taste.
- When pasta is done, drain and add back to pot. Pour pumpkin alfredo over fettuccine and stir until all noddles are coated evenly.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese to top.