How to make Pumpkin Alfredo
It’s fall and it’s time for this quick and easy dinner. Make sure to save this pumpkin Alfredo pasta recipe. You can have it ready in 15 minutes!
It’s fall and it’s time for all things pumpkin. This pumpkin Alfredo recipe is great for people that are looking for a savory pumpkin dish.
This has been one of my fall staple dinners when I’m in a hurry or when I can’t think of anything else to make. It’s not a super strong flavor so all my kids love this recipe. I don’t even think they know pumpkin is in it!
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo
Pumpkin is a super healthy. I always have a can in my pantry. Here’s a few of its great qualities.
- Vitamin C
- AND it’s a heart healthy food!
Special tools needed to make alfredo.
The only special tool I use for this recipe is a whisk and I think pretty much everyone owns one of those. If you don’t have one or need a new one, this silicon 3 pack is GREAT!
It comes in three different sizes so they are perfect for all kinds of dishes and for both stainless and nonstick pots and pans.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Alfredo
- Fettuccine– These noodles are great becuase they are flat and can hold tons of sauce. Many people like their pasta al dente, but I like mine well done. It’s all personal preference.
- Pumpkin puree– Make sure you don’t get the pumpkin pie can, just the pumpkin puree.
- Butter– This gives your dish a rick taste.
- Garlic– Perfect for a little kick.
- Heavy cream– You can’t have alfredo without cream.
- Parmesan cheese– You can use fresh shredded cheese or the kind in the container in the fridge. Whatever you have will work.
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make pumpkin alfredo sauce.
Cook pasta according to package instruction in a large pot of salted water.
Melt butter over medium high heat and add garlic. Stir in pumpkin and cheese. Whisk in heavy cream.
Drain pasta and add back to pot. Pour alfredo sauce over pasta and stir until the noodles are well coated.
Check out some of my other pumpkin recipes. However, all these are sweets! I promise I’m working on some more savory ones.
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
- Ice Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo
- 16 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese plus another 1/2 cup to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Cook garlic and butter in pan over medium high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream until heated through. Add salt and pepper taste.
- When pasta is done, drain and add back to pot. Pour pumpkin alfredo over fettuccine and stir until all noddles are coated evenly.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese to top.