Don’t you love easy desserts? Well, this pumpkin pecan dump cake is the easiest around and perfect for fall, just add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Fall is here! Don’t you love it? I’m always on the lookout for pumpkin items in the grocery store.
Dump cake recipes are super easy! My oldest son loves to bake and this is perfect for him, simple and all in one dish! It doesn’t take much time to make.
Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
Pecans aren’t necessary for this recipes, but it gives it something a little bit special that the other pumpkin dump cakes don’t have.
Pecans remind me of the fall and winter. It seems like they are in all kinds of fall and holiday foods.
Pecans have the highest fat content of any nut, but it’s the good kind of fat. They have protein and vitamin E.
My sister-in-law makes candied pecans for my husband every year for a Christmas gift. He loves them! He eats them as a sweet snack or adds them to his salads at dinner.
Ingredients that are needed for this pumpkin dessert.
- pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- brown sugar
- vanilla cake mix – yellow cake mix works too
- evaporated milk
- pumpkin pie spice
How to make this pumpkin pecan dump cake
Add pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to large bowl. Stir until well mixed and spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the bottom or a 13″ X 9″ baking pan. This is the exact one I have and love it!
Add chopped pecans over pumpkin mixture.
Next, sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
Cut butter into 16 slices. No need for melted butter. Place the sliced butter on top.
Pour evaporated milk over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
More pumpkin recipes
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies– The cake like cookies are the best and don’t forget the icing!
- Pumpkin Pie Dip– Just 4 ingredients and you’ll have a great fall dip.
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies– ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer– Who doesn’t like pumpkin spiced lattes? Make this creamer, it’s just as good as the store bought.
- Pumpkin Alfredo– Perfect dinner for an autumn night.
My family loved this caked. I hope you do too!
Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
- 1 29 oz can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to large bowl. Stir until well mixed and spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the bottom or a 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Add chopped pecans over pumpkin mixture.
- Next, sprinkle cake mix evenly over dish.
- Cut butter into 16 slices and place on top.
- Pour evaporated milk over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown
Check out my new website, ChristmasMom! It’s everything Christmas, all the time!
It’s got recipes, printables, family and gift ideas!