These hot roast beef sandwiches with deli meat are the easiest weeknight meal you can plan. Make sure to save this family favorite.
My blog is called Keeping Life Sane. Part of keeping my life sane is finding great recipes that are quick and easy AND that my family likes. My husband suggested this meal and it turned out great. You should have seen them while I was taking the pictures. They were drooling.
Slow Cooker Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
Prep time for this on only. couple of minutes. I got my crock pot out around 5:00, right before I left for football practice. I put it on low and it cooked for about 2 1/2 hours. The meat is already cooked so you are just heating it up.
I served it on little slider buns (potato rolls) and added a slice of provolone with a squirt of mustard. The gooey melted cheese from the hot gravy is so delicious.
Ingredients for hot roast beef sandwich with deli meat
- Roast beef – I just got them to slice the amount I needed from my grocery store deli.
Update: They’ve recently built a Costco right up the road from my house and they have presliced roast beef in 1/5 lbs packages that are perfect for this recipe. If it’s on sale you can buy two and freeze one of them to use later.
- Beef gravy- I use Heinz Home Style Gravy (or the store brand if they have it). I also added a smaller 12 oz jar because we wanted extra gravy to pour over french fries. (I know, really healthy, huh?)
- Buns- I like to use slider buns and then we each eat a couple.
- Provolone cheese- You can get them to slice this up for you at the deli or purchase the presliced from the dairy section.
How to make deli roast beef sandwich recipe
Add roast beef into slow cooker and pour the gravy on top. Seperate the beef to make sure the gravy get on all the pieces.
Cook until warm.
You can cook this on low or high. It doesn’t take long either way. Just a couple of hours on low will be enough to heat your roast beef through and you’ll be able to eat it.
My kids loved this meal and it was really quick and easy. You should add it to your menu for the week.
More easy family dinner for busy weeknights
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Pork Salsa Verde– This is a family favorite and we have it every 2 weeks.
- Slow Cooker Pork and Apples– This is my most popular slow cooker meal on my site. People love it!
Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker
- 1.5 lbs deli roast beef sliced for sandwiches
- 18 oz beef gravy jarred
- Slider buns
- provolone cheese slices
- Add roast beef in slow cooker and pour gravy on top.
- Cook until heated through.