Get this mushroom and shrimp pasta dinner recipe. It’s such an easy meal with tons of flavor. You can be eating in less than 20 minutes.
Who needs a quick meal tonight? Me! I always need a quick meal. Baseball, lacrosse, and soccer seasons are in full swing and there aren’t many nights where I’m home to cook dinner and who doesn’t love pasta.
Quick Mushroom and Shrimp Pasta Recipe
I love shrimp meals because I can buy them already cooked and frozen and keep them in my freezer so all I need to do is heat them up. This quick shrimp asparagus pasta dinner is full of flavor and a family favorite and doesn’t take a ton of time. There is no prep time for this, just cook and eat.
We always have leftovers for this so it’s perfect to eat the next day for lunch or pack it in a lunchbox for one of the kids. My husband raved about that because it doesn’t happen much! 🙂
Ok- On to the recipe. I don’t like scrolling through a bunch of text that no one reads anyway! Just make sure to add the ingredients to your shopping list.
One more thing, sorry! This is NOT a creamy shrimp pasta dish so no need to make add milk or cream cheese for this. It makes it a simpler!
Ingredients to make this shrimp and mushroom recipe
- Angel hair pasta
- Medium or large shrimp, cooked and tails off- You can substitute chicken if you prefer. I’m allergic to shrimp so I do chicken for myself and give shrimp to the rest of the family.
- Olive oil- You can use butter if you prefer
- Mushrooms- Button mushrooms work fine
- Asparagus- This is perfect for storing asparagus in the refrigerator.
- Garlic- Fresh or the kind that’s minced and in a jar is fine to use.
- Dice tomatoes- Make sure to drain these for this recipe.
- White wine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced greens onions and parmesan to top.
How to make shrimp mushroom pasta
Cook pasta in a large pot according to the directions on the package.
While, pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in skillet and cook garlic, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
Add wine and cooked shrimp to pan. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
Drain pasta water and add it to the shrimp mixture. Toss it gently and cook for 2 minutes until shrimp is warm.
Top with green onions, grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Here are more shrimp recipes you can try.
Make sure to leave a review below after you make dinner!
Quick Mushroom and Shrimp Pasta
- 6 oz angel hair pasta
- 12 oz medium shrimp cooked and tails off
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 lb asparagus trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz can dice tomatoes drained
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced greens onions and parmesan to top
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While, pasta is coooking, heat olive oil in skillet and cook garlic, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cooked shrimp to pan. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add to shrimp mixture and toss gently and cook for 2 minutes until shrimp is warm.
- Top with green onions, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.