Staying Healthy during the Holidays
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HealingNightsSleep #CollectiveBias
The holidays are the worst time to get sick or feel bad. I usually have a ton of things on my to do list and I’m sure you do too. I’m always running out to buy one more gift or to get an important ingredient. The kids are attending parties and special events and the weather is constantly changing from warm and cold. Around the beginning of October I start getting nervous about sickness. With 3 kids in school, there are germs coming from everywhere. Here are some things I do to stay healthy during the holidays.
- Drink more water I always try to drink water, but I really increase it during this time of year. It helps your skin too! Try skipping a soda and drink water at your next meal.
- Exercise You may be on an exercise routine, but it easily gets thrown off during this time of year. Make a point to keep it in your schedule. If you miss a regular time just go later in the day or after the kids go to bed. Just going for a walk will get that blood pumping.
- Wash hands I wash my hands a ton this time of year. When my kids get home from school, I direct them straight to the bathroom to wash their hands. Keep hand sanitizer in your car to use after you visit a store.
- Reduce sugar If you feel yourself coming down with something, do not eat sugar. A doctor once told me this once and I think it really does work!! Eat healthy foods. This can be a real challenge with all the tempting sweets!
- Reduce stress This can bet really tough. My calendar is filled up and it doesn’t even include any holiday activities yet. It’s ok to say no if you don’t have time to do something. I had to skip a day of baseball this past weekend so I could wash clothes.
7. Get sleep If you are run down from lack of sleep, your body will have a hard time fighting germs. I know it can be hard to get good sleep during this time of year. I never sleep well when staying at a hotel or relatives as I do in my own bed. I always wake up early when I’m at my moms, then I’m dragging the rest of the day. If I need to, I take Advil PM that I get from Walgreens. You can get a great coupon right now! WooHoo! I love coupons. I like to stock up my medicine cabinet this time of year. Running everywhere with my kids with their activities, then traveling out of town to visit relatives, always runs me down and sleep always make me feel better.
I’ve shared the things I do to stay healthy over the holidays and a great coupon for Advil PM. What do you do to stay healthy during this busy time of year?