Stitch Fix Review- August 2015
This post contains affiliate links.
I’ve been getting Stitch Fix for awhile now and really like it. You can read some of my other reviews.
If you’re not familiar with Stitch Fix, I’ll give you a quick rundown. When you sign up for Stitch Fix you fill out a questionnaire on your style. They ask you all kinds of questions so they’ll have an idea what you like and what sizes you are. They ask you if you would like to try any different styles. They show different pictures of clothes and you mark if you love them, like them, so-so, not really, and NO! With the information they gather they send you a box of 5 items your stylist thinks you will like. You can try them on at home and decide. You get on your computer and “check-out” with the items you want to keep. What you don’t want, you send back in a bag they provide for you. You can choose how often you get a “Fix”. You can even write your stylist and give them ideas for what you want. I wrote this time and said I’d like longer shirts because I have a long torso and felt they were all short the last time I received my box.
So…on to the good stuff. I got a lot mostly fall clothes, which I wasn’t expecting. I live in NC and I’m typing this sitting at the skate park while my kids play and it’s 90 degrees! I
1. I love these jeans and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with a lot of tops and boots I already own. The price is higher than I would normally spend on a pair of jeans though.
- Hiedi Skinny Jean- $98.00
- Verdit: Keep
2. I liked this top when I tried it on. It was a little baggy. It’s not made of flannel, but feels very soft and flowing. It would look good with my boots. I thought the price was high though. I feel I can buy a similar top at Old Navy.
- Sandrine button Down Top- $78.00
- Verdict: Send back
3. I’m not even thinking about jackets right now. It was a size small, but still big on me. I could see myself wearing it to football games. I thought the price was very good.
- Analisse Anorak Jacket- $88.00
- Verdict: Send back– I couldn’t see myself wearing it that much. I would have never picked this out at the store.
4. This top fit really good. I like tops that are tighter on, but the layers in the front make it look a little looser. It looks good with the black jeans. It’s longer in the torso too.
- Brentwood Jersey Stripe Tiered Top- $68.00
- Verdict: Send back 🙁 I really like it, but it was just too much.
5. I thought the price on this was really good, but it was kind of boring. I mostly wear plain clothes and I would pick this out, but I like Stitch Fix because they send me things I normally wouldn’t pick out for myself and I think I have several shirts that are very similar.
- Nelli Knit Top- $34.00
- Verdict: Send Back
I think I would have bought more if the clothes were for warm weather. I also thought the prices were high on the shirts. I skipped September and my next box will be in October. Check back to see what I get.
Update: I just got my October box. Check out what I got.
Head on over to my October 2015 review for all the details.
This is not a sponsored post. I decided to purchase the Stitch Fix box on my own, but it does contain an affiliate link that gives me a small credit towards my next box.