Test Week Hacks for Tweens
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cuties. All opinions are 100% mine.
Standardized tests start in 3rd grade where I live. They’re called BOG, EOQ, and EOG or beginning of grade, end of quarter, and end of grade. They are a big deal. Luckily, my son, who’s in 5th grade, has had teachers that are easy going and don’t stress him out.
It’s hard sitting there for hours in strict conditions. Even when he’s done he just has to sit there and can’t even pull out a piece of paper to doodle. He has his 3rd and last day of testing tomorrow. He (and me) has made it through another quarter. WooHoo!
Test Weeks Hacks for Tweens
There are some strategies that make these weeks easier that anyone can implement.
- Go to bed early– I hear this all the time, but it really is true. They DO need a good nights sleep.
- Hydrate– I’ve read that being just a little dehydrated can affect memory. If he has sports or playing outside when it’s warm, I make sure to load him up with water.
- Don’t stress them out- Are these tests THAT important? It’s not the end of the world if they do poorly. They’ll probably forget about them by the time they get off the bus.
- Review– People always say you can’t study for these kinds of tests, but you really can. He has math tomorrow and we have been reviewing the problems he has issues on. I want him going into the test feeling confident and that’s a huge part of performance.
- Eat a good breakfast– When the kids have testing schedules it’s usually different from their regular schedule. Make sure they have a good breakfast. Can you imagine sitting there and being hungry and that’s all you can think about. I make sure to fill him up with protein and fruit.
His favorite are Cuties. These have been his favorite since he was 2. These are great too because he can throw them in his backpack for a healthy snack. I love them because they are so easy to peel and even my 5 year old can get her own snack! 🙂
- Get some EXERCISE!– After being in school all day and focused, I know my son needs to get some energy out!
Cuties has this fun Cuties Song and Cuties Music Video and we got the whole family involved. This is a great way to get some energy out with it’s below freezing and you just want to stay warm! We danced are booties off!
Here they are going crazy!
When your kids hear this song, they’ll want to get up and groove and you can share pictures of them on social media using the hashtag #IWantCuties. You can visit Cuties to get some great tips and recipes or like Cuties Facebook.
You may also like this post.