One-on-one Time Before Your Kids Head Back to School
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Lionsgate. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Summer is coming to a end soon and I have been with all 3 of my kids this summer. Before school starts I want to do something fun with each of them. I want to spend some quality time with them before we get busy with school, homework, and practices. Here are some things you can do to make each child feel special and spend some one-on-one time.
1. Go on a special breakfast– My kids love to eat breakfast out, but we don’t do it very often. This wold be a great date with my boys to talk about the start of the school year.
2. Hiking– All my kids love hiking. We live near a state park so that’s something we can do easily. It’s also FREE! Being away from all the electronics and friends give me plenty of time with them.
3. Bowling– This isn’t my favorite thing to do, but my kids love it. I would love to play a game and then go for pizza.
4. Spa Day– My daughter, whose 5, would love this! We don’t even have to go out and spend any money. We can kick the boys out and do it right in my bathroom. We can paint toenails and do face masks.
5. Paint Pottery- This is so fun and most kids love to do this. They can pick out the pieces they are going to paint. If your kids are a little older they may like the painting classes where you leave with a painting. They have some shops in my area that offer mother and child classes and you both leave with great artwork.
6. Make jewelry– My daughter loves to make necklaces and bracelets. There are tons of places out there that have classes and packages. We could have a great time doing something like this. You can also go to a craft store and pick out some beads if you can’t find a class.
7. Play at an arcade– We recently went to a birthday party and the kids received $5 to play video games and they loved it. They also loved “spending ” their tickets on tootsie rolls and army men. It didn’t cost much and it was a blast.
8. Go get ice cream– My kids love ice cream and they would really like the opportunity to go with me by themselves. They could get something that they normally aren’t aloud to get.
9. Go see a movie- The new Shaun the Sheep Movie will be released in theaters on August 5 nationwide. My kids watched this trailer and were cracking up. It’s geared for kids 4-10 so all my kids are the perfect age.
I love that the Shaun the Sheep Movie is in claymation and it looks like they go on a pretty fun adventure! The clips on YouTube are hilarious and I was cracking up. It’s about Shaun, who decides to take the day off and have some fun, he gets a little more action than he bargained for. A mix up with the Farmer, a caravan, and a very steep hill lead them all to the Big City and it’s up to Shaun and the flock to return everyone safely to the green grass of home.
Do you want to learn more about Shaun. Watch this!
I have the opportunity to giveaway one (1) prize package containing the following to be given to one (1) giveaway winner.
- One (1) Shaun the Sheep Movie Children’s T-Shirt
- One (1) Shaun the Sheep Movie Adult’s T-Shirt
- One (1) Shaun the Sheep Movie Headband
- One (1) book from the Shaun the Sheep Movie book series
- One (1) Shaun the Sheep Movie poster
- One (1) Serta Sheep Plush
Have fun this summer and don’t forget to spend some one-on-one time with your kids before they head back to school.