This eggless vanilla cupcake recipe is light and fluffy. You won’t believe these are egg free and your friends and family will love them.
I’ve had an egg allergy my entire life, so I’ve gone without OR I’ve had to change up recipes so I can eat them. I’ve slowly been posting them on here, so I know you’ll find some other desserts that are perfect for what you’re looking for.
Can you believe these cupcakes don’t have eggs? They look really good and are so moist and fluffy. I love them because you can add any frosting you want AND any flavor, homemade or store bought. You know you have to take shortcuts sometimes!
The BEST eggless vanilla cupcakes EVER!
My daughter just had her birthday and I made this egg free vanilla cupcake recipe. Of course, I didn’t get a picture. Now that the kids are getting older I don’t pull my camera out as much. I tried to do a 30 day Instagram challenge and post every day for 30 days. I failed horribly and only made it 3 days before I missed a day.
We had the best slumber party for her and I made matching shirts for the 3 girls that spent the night with their soccer nicknames. I did get a great picture of that, but I don’t want to put a picture up here without permission from the other moms. They may not want their faces plastered on the Internet.
Supplies to make Cupcakes without Eggs
- Silicone cupcake liners– My kids love these and you can just throw them in the dishwasher. This is a 12 pack so make sure to purchase two! They are a necessity for eggless recipes. The cupcake doesn’t stick to the silicone, so you aren’t throwing away half the cupcake that’s stuck to the paper.
- Cooling racks– These are my very favorite and the main reason is because they don’t take up a lot of space in my cabinet.
- Handheld Electric Mixer– You can use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you don’t have to get it out if you don’t want to. A simple hand mixer will do fine. I actually use my hand mixer way more than my stand mixer. It’s just easier to get out and clean. Anyway, the hand mixer I linked to above is one I got for a wedding gift over twenty years ago and it’s still going strong and I bake A LOT! I definitely recommend it.
- Calphalon Muffin Tin– I also got this for a wedding gift and still makes perfect cupcakes and muffins.
Add vanilla extract supplies at Amazon and get started in 2 days, if you have Amazon Prime. This is the perfect teacher gift too. I gave this out one year and the teachers loved it!!
Where you can find more eggless recipes.
I was saving a bunch of eggless recipes on my personal Pinterest board for my own use. I never realized that my readers would want to see them too.
As my eggless recipes became more popular, I decided to start an eggless dessert board on my blog Pinterest page. I have over 1000 recipes saved on there now. It’s so nice to be able to browse through the board and know you can eat everything in it!
You’ll never complain there are no desserts without eggs because I have a ton saved there and adding more everyday. You can find find that Pinterest board here.
It’s already grown to over 2400 followers. Who knew there were so many people interested in eggless desserts? It’s great to have a community of people of people that are in the same situation as you.
You’ll need this to finish up your cupcakes!
The last thing these cupcakes need is buttercream frosting! I have both a vanilla and chocolate that is so easy to make and perfect for these. Click on the image below for the one you want. Powdered sugar is the main ingredient in both of these.
Okay- Enough of my rambling. Here’s the recipe and the step by step instructions. Preheat the oven to 350 and get started! Just mix your wet ingredients together, then your dry ingredients and combine those. Simple as that!
Ingredients to egg free vanilla cupcakes
- All purpose flour- Several people have emailed about using whole wheat flour or a mix of whole wheat and all-purpose flour. I do NOT recommend this. Please follow the exact recipe for the best results.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe. I use salted because that’s what I buy and keep in my refrigerator. You’ll want to make sure it’s room temperature before you start.
- Buttermilk- If you don’t have buttermilk you can make it using the regular milk in the refrigerator. Any milk should work fine, except skim milk. It does not contain enough fat.
To make 1 cup of buttermilk you will need 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Combine those, stir well and let it sit for 10 minutes before using it.
- Vanilla- Remember, you can make your own.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
How to make eggless vanilla cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350F. Don’t forget this step. It’s important to put your cupcakes in when the oven is already hot. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, paper muffin cups or spray with a nonstick spray. As I said before, those silicone muffin liners are a life saver. Remember they are reusable!
Cream the butter and sugar. This is take a couple of minutes. Add in vanilla and buttermilk and mix until combined. You can use a stand mixer if you have one, but it’s not necessary. A hand mixer works great.
Add the dry ingredients to a second large mixing bowl and stir well. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Fill the muffin pan with the vanilla cupcake batter and bake! I know some people like to use an ice cream scoop for this but, I just use a measuring cup. Make sure to test the cupcake with a toothpick before taking out. It takes about 20 minutes.
Cupcake Tip #1
Keep an eye out for these because if you over cook them, they will become dry.
You’ll know that these cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you don’t have a toothpick, a butter knife works too. Don’t worry about messing up the top because you’ll be covering them in frosting.
Cupcake Tip #2!
Let your cupcakes cool COMPLETELY before putting the frosting on. I know sometimes things get rushed, but they’ll look the best if you wait until they are completely cooled. If not, then your frosting could melt and you’ll have a big mess on your hands.
Can you freeze vanilla cupcakes without eggs?
The simple answer is YES! I love freezing extra cakes and muffins to pull out when I don’t have time to make anything but have a craving.
I put the cupcakes in an airtight container or freezer baggie before I put them in the freezer. Do not freeze with the frosting on them. Once your cupcakes have defrosted, then you can add your frosting to the top.
More great eggless recipes from my site!
- Egg Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Eggless Chocolate Cake in a mug
- Banana Bread
- Mini Applesauce Muffins
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Turtle Poke Cake– This cake recipe is one of my very favorite.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– This is my most popular recipe!
Let me know if you have any questions. I know you’re going to love them!
UPDATE: I’ve adjusted this recipe to make 12 cupcakes, instead of 24.
Just thought I would let the repeat bakers know so I wouldn’t throw you off.
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and rate my recipes for other readers that are looking for something new to make.
Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablesoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add mixture to the creamed butter and combine thoroughly.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan and fill 3⁄4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.