I love making scalloped potatoes. My favorite part is that I can make them whenever I have time and add them to the oven at dinner. You’ll find me making these a lot of times in the morning, right after breakfast. Scroll down to get one of the best recipes for scalloped potatoes.
This post contains affiliate links.
YUMMY Scalloped Potatoes
- 5-7 potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese. (I use mild cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes, slice thin, and layer half in your dish. I love these flexible cutting boards.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Once the butter is melted, mix the flour in well.
- Pour in the milk, mix, and bring to a low boil.
- Add shredded cheese. Reserve about 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top. Blend well.
- Once the cheese has melted, spoon half the mixture over the potatoes. Make sure all the potatoes are covered well. Add the next layer of potatoes and spoon the remaining cheese mixture on top .
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour. The potatoes will be soft and brown on top.
You may also like this post.