The best camping dessert- Smaco
This post contains affiliate links.
It’s officially fall and everyone will be outside enjoying their backyard fire pits. And family camping trips aren’t too far away either. This is one of my family’s favorite desserts and the one camping dessert we always have. One reason I love it so much is that my kids can make their own. If you loves s’mores, you will love this!
The BEST Camping Dessert- Smacos!
- taco sized flour tortillas
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- tongs (to get your HOT smaco out of the fire)
- Start out by placing your tortilla on a piece of foil.
- Spread 1 tablespoons of peanut butter over half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (or a little more) chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter.
- Add 10-12 mini marshmallows on top.
- Fold your tortilla in half.
- Securely wrap your smaco in the foil.
Place your foiled smaco in the fire. We used the stove because we didn’t want to start a fire tonight. 🙂 Cooking time will depend on your fire and where you place it. It won’t take long if you put it in a hot area. I left it on the stove for about 45-60 seconds, flipped it, and cooked another 45-60 seconds on the other side.
Carefully take your smaco out of the fire with tongs. It will be very hot. You don’t have to wait long before it’s cool enough to eat.
You may like this recipe for an easy breakfast burrito.