These camping breakfast burritos are perfect when you’re out in the woods or for a busy school morning. Throw them in the campfire or the microwave and you’re breakfast is ready in no time.
School started this week and I have been cooking like crazy. I’ve been making freezer meals, doubling my waffle recipe, and preparing tons of crockpot meals. My mornings have been a little crazier with the kids rushing off to catch the bus.
I like them to have a good breakfast, but sometimes I run out of time. My kids love breakfast burritos. I love them because they are fast, easy, and inexpensive and I can make them ahead of time.
Camping Breakfast Burritos
I first made this recipe when we were going on a camping trip and I’m always looking for easy camping food and camping recipes. My kids are always starving first thing in the morning and the last thing I wanted to do was make a huge breakfast at 6:30 am.
I made this breakfast burrito recipe before we left on our trip and they turned out to be a hit. They are easy to cook in the fire and a filling meal with tons of protein to keep everyone full longer.
Kitchen tools needed for make ahead breakfast burritos recipe
Luckily, you don’t need a lot to make this recipe!
Cast Iron Skillet– I love my cast iron skillet. You don’t need one for this recipe, but if you have one then you need to pull it out to cook the sausage
Rubber Flippers– I love these because they are perfect for both my regular and nonstick pots and pans.
Ingredients for Campfire Breakfast Burritos
- Ground sausage- I normally buy Jimmy Dean mild ground sausage but you can use whatever your favorite sausage is.
- 10 pack of burrito sized tortillas- Update: Lately, I have only been able to find an 8 count at my local grocery store, but this recipe makes enough for 10-12 burritos.
- Shredded cheese (optional)- I normally use cheddar cheese, but any cheese you like is fine.
Instructions for SUPER easy breakfast burritos
First, cook ground sausage in a large skillet set on medium-high heat. While that’s getting started, whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl and begin scrambling those on a second burner set on medium heat.
I usually lay out all my tortillas at the same time so I can make sure I get an even amount of eggs and sausage in each tortilla.
Evenly distribute the sausage and eggs onto each tortilla. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
If I’m freezing the burritos, then I will wrap them in wax paper. If I’m just putting them in the refrigerator or going camping, I use foil.
Since I’m planning for my three kids to eat these this week for breakfast and snacks, I’m keeping these wrapped burritos in the refrigerator in foil.
Camping: Since these are wrapped in foil you can place these directly on the campfire or grill until warm.
From Refrigerator: Unwrap from foil and wrap in a damp paper towel. You will need to microwave these for about 1:15 but it depends on your microwave.
From Frozen: Unwrap from the waxed paper and wrap in a damp paper towel. Heat in microwave for 1:30- 2:00 minutes. These are usually pretty hot and need to sit a minute.
Other articles you’ll like
- Smacos– This is the best recipe for your camping dessert. It’s a mix between a taco and s’more!
- Time saving packing hack for camping
- Grilled Peppers and Zucchini in Foil
- Camping Essentials you can’t forget
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and rate my recipes for other readers that are looking for something new to make.
Campfire Breakfast Burrito
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 8-10 pack of burrito sized tortillas
- shredded cheese optional
- Mix eggs and milk in a bowl and scramble on the stove.
- Cook ground sausage in another pan.
- Lay out tortillas. Evenly divide the eggs and sausage onto the tortillas. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and wrap in foil or wax paper.