Are you looking for an easy recipe for the grill? You’ve found it! These grilled zucchini and peppers are the best side dish for summer.
Don’t you just love the warm weather? I live outside in the summer and do most of my cooking on the grill. It’s so easy to flip it on and start dinner. It also keeps my house nice and cool. These grilled peppers and zucchini are so tasty and easy. I can do my entire meal outside and at one time. I don’t even have to turn on the stove or oven.
Grilled Bell Peppers and Zucchini
Grilled vegetables are one of my favorite and the easiest thing to do on the grill and you don’t even need one of those fancy grill pans. I don’t have many healthy recipes on my site, but this one is a good one. I have a lot of desserts!
Grilled zucchini and peppers in foil is a simple way to make this summer squash and the total time from start to finish is not long. I grow both zucchini and peppers in my garden and they are always plentiful. They’re also really inexpensive in the summer so it’s a good way to make your grocery bill go further so make sure to add them to your shopping list.
This is great to make ahead too. You can cut and prepare this foil packet recipe and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to grill. Perfect if you are having people over or heading to someone else’s house.
Tools to make grilled zucchini in foil
Grill Tool Set– This is a great grill tool set with metal handles. I had a wood set in the past and they didn’t last as long as the metal handles. I love that this one comes with a brush too so you can put any sauces on your foods while grilling.
Cutting board mats– These are so easy to clean and use when cooking. You can bend them easily so that makes it easier to add ingredients to other bowls or pots and pans.
Pepper corer– I don’t own a pepper corer but I recently saw it come across as an advertisement on my phone and thought it sounded pretty cool. It looks like it removes both the core and seeds and you can use it for other kinds of peppers too.
Ingredients for Bell Peppers on the Grill
- Zucchini- Don’t peel your zucchini. It’s not necessary and full of vitamins.
- Bell pepper- Any color will work. I normally buy the three pack of different colors. The green peppers are always the cheapest, so I sometimes use those.
- Basil- This recipe calls for dried basil, but you can always use fresh. I grow basil in the summer. It’s so easy and hard to kill! Just make sure to slice the leaves thin before adding it to your recipe. You’ll also want to use more fresh basil, about 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic powder
- Parsley- You can use fresh parsley, if you have it on hand. You’ll want to bump up the amount you use to about 2 tablespoons.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Optional- You can sprinkle some fresh grated parmesan cheese on your veggies before you close up your packets if you like.
How to make grilled zucchini in foil
Slice pepper and zucchini into 1/2 inch strips and place on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Heavy duty foil isn’t a deal breaker here but makes it a little easier because you don’t want your foil packets to break open.
Add garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Gather foil up at the top to create a closed pouch.
Cook time on these are not long at all. Place your foil packets on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Be careful when taking your zucchini foil packets off. They will be HOT!
These are so delicious with a steak or pork chops. Let me know how you like them.
This recipe is so versatile. If you don’t have zucchini, then just grill bell peppers. You can exchange some of the spices for a different flavor. This type of dish can be delicious with just salt and pepper.
More Grilling Recipes
These are other great dishes for the grill that go great with this recipe!
Reminder: If you make one of my recipes, it would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and rate it for other readers who are looking for something new to make.
Grilled Peppers and Zucchini in Foil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Slice pepper and zucchini into 1/2 inch strips and place on a large piece of foil.
- Add garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Gather foil up at the top to create a closed pouch.
- Place on grill set to medium for 10-15 minute or until vegetables are tender.