Grab this grilled potato salad for your cookout or potluck gathering. It’s the perfect twist on a classic summer side dish.
It’s summer!! We’ve been swimming at the neighborhood pool and and grilling out in the backyard. I like to make a lot of different salads and double the recipes so we can eat it through the week for dinners and lunches.
When you’ve got the grill going, slice up some potatoes and make this grilled potato salad. Add the bacon vinaigrette and this is FANTASTIC!
I love bacon and it make EVERYTHING tastes better! I even have a post of a bunch or recipes with bacon!
Ingredients for grilled potato salad
Potatoes– I like using Yukon Gold potatoes because they really hold their shape after being cooked and stay firm. Who likes mushy potato salad?
Bacon– You can use any bacon that you have in your fridge. I like center cut and thick slices. You can cook bacon in the oven. Here are instructions if you’ve never done that. However, cooking bacon in my air fryer is my favorite way! Here’s the air fryer I own, and I LOVE it.
Garlic– You can use fresh, but make sure it’s minced. You can also use the minced garlic you fiund in the jars in the grocery store.
Mustard– Any mustard is fine, but I usually use a spicy or dijon.
Green onions- are great at the end for a little color and a fresh taste.
Honey– is great to give it a little bit of sweetness without using sugar.
Apple cider vinegar– gives this potato salad the little kick it needs!
How to make grilled potato salad with bacon vinaigrette
Preheat the grill to medium- high heat.
- Start with the potatoes. Wash and cut potatoes into wedges and coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Make sure you don’t cut the pototoes too small. You don’t want them falling through the grates on the grill. You can also buy a grill basket and not have to worry about that. Cook until done.
- Cook the bacon. Cook the bacon until your desired crispiness. Don’t forget to cute the bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Make the dressing. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, honey, mustard, and garlic to small bowl, whisk until mixed well and set aside.
- Combine ingredients. When the potatoes have slightly cooled, grab a large bowl and combine all the ingredients and stir until potatoes are coated with dressing.
Sprinkle with green onions and serve!
This side dish will go great with just about anything you throw on the grill. I love it with BBQ chicken or burgers.
Here are some of my favorite BBQ recipes to make the perfect menu!
- Salt and pepper ribs
- Peach bake beans
- Mexican coleslaw
- Smacos for dessert. These are the BEST and so easy!
Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
- 5 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 cup +2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 slices center cut bacon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Set grill to medium-high heat.
- Wash potatoes and cut each into 6-8 pieces.
- Coat with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes. Turn at 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup oil, salt, pepper, honey, mustard, and garlic to small bowl and whisk until mixed well. Set aside.
- Cook 5 slices of bacon until crispy. Cut into small pieces.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, and dressing and stir. Top with sliced green onions.