Change up your traditional BBQ baked beans and make some peach baked beans this weekend! They’re perfect for your spring and summer BBQ.
My family LOVES baked beans. It’s the one food I know they’ll all eat without complaining. I thought I would change it up a bit and add some fresh peaches to it. We had some extras that were about to go bad so I went for it. It was a hit, thankfully, because my kids would complain that I ruined one of their favorite dishes! Scroll down to get the recipe for peach baked beans.
Peach Baked Beans Recipe
Peaches are great to have around in the summer. You can eat them plain, in yogurt, and of course baking. They have so many vitamins and fiber in them. They’re low carb too!
Peaches are perfect for a snack when you are craving something sweet. Keep the cookie in the pantry and grab a peach instead.
We live in North Carolina and can get some great peaches. When we head to any Carolina beach we stop at the peach stands along the road stock up on the way AND on the way home. They are the best when in season.
Tools to make baked beans
Flexible cutting mats– I LOVE these cutting mats and it’s actually perfect for this recipe. It makes it easy to slice up your veggies and then pour them into pots and pans. In this case, you’ll be pouring peaches and onions into your baking dish.
Strainer– This is a great stainer for draining and rinsing your beans.
9″ x 9″ baking dish– I prefer to use a glass baking dish, not the metal ones.
Air fryer– You don’t have to have an air fryer to cook your bacon, but I highly recommend it. The air fryer linked is the exact one I have. I even bought the same one for my mom.
Ingredients for Peach Baked Beans
- Great Northern Beans
- Onion- Make sure to chop your onions into small and even pieces.
- Maple syrup- Make sure to use real maple syrup, not the fake stuff.
- Mustard- I use yellow mustard, but you can use spicy or brown mustard if you prefer.
- Apple juice
- Barbecue sauce- You can use your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Peaches- If you like the taste of peach skin, then you can leave it on. However, I peeled my peaches for this recipe.
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
How to make peach baked beans
Cook bacon until crispy. Cut into smaller pieces. (Have you ever cooked bacon in the oven? Here are the instructions to do that.). However, I’ve gotten an air fryer last Christmas and I always cook my bacon in there now. It’s so easy and I love the easy cleanup.
Drain and rinse the beans.
Combine beans, bacon pieces, chopped onion, mustard, maple syrup, apple juice, BBQ sauce, chopped peaches, salt and pepper and pour into a 9×9 baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Note: The beans do have a little more sauce than shown in the picture, but I dropped it coming out of the oven and some spilled out! :/
Slow Cooker Peach Baked Beans
You can also cook these in the slow cooker. Add the ingredients to your crock pot and put on low for a few hours. This is a great way to cook them if you’re needing to keep them warm for a long period of time.
If you don’t want to cook them in the slow cooker you can always cook your beans in the oven and transfer to a slow cooker to keep warm during potlucks and cookouts.
More recipes for your cookout
Peach Baked Beans
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 1 small onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 peaches chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Combine beans, bacon pieces, chopped onions, mustard, maple syrup, apple juice, BBQ sauce, chopped peaches, salt, and pepper and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until sauce thickens.