This delicious corn on the cob on the grill is great for any dinner or weekend cookout. The parmesan and garlic make it the perfect side dish.
Well…it’s almost Labor Day and I have one more grilled recipe for you for the summer. One of my favorite side dishes is fresh corn on the cob.
I always pick up a few ears of corn when out grocery shopping and the best part is that it’s pretty inexpensive.
Delicious Corn on the Cob on the Grill
I live in North Carolina and use my grill all year long and corn on the cob is very easy tp grill. It’s nice to be able to cook an entire meal outside so you can keep your house cool in the summer.
You can cook corn in the husk or you can wrap it in foil. I do about both equally, but I personally like it best when the husks are removed. I like to add diferent flavors and seasonings.
Ingredients for Grilled Parmesan Garlic Corn on the Cob
- Corn on the cob- I try to only buy sweet corn. That’s the corn that has yellow and white kernels.
- Parmesan cheese- You can use fresh or the kind you find in your pantry.
- Garlic powder
- Butter- I usually only buy salted butter.
- Italian seasoning
How do I grill corn on the cob?
Shuck the corn. Don’t forget to remove all the silk (the little hair like things). They get in your teeth when you’re eating it!
Add cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt to melted butter and stir.
You can cook the corn in one large piece of foil or individually wrapped. If I’m doing four or less I just put them all together. Pour butter mixture evenly over the corn and wrap in foil.
Set the grill to medium high heat and cook 30 minutes, turning at least once.
Recipes that work well with this side dish.
Here’s a corn salad that’s delish too!
Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat grill to 400F (medium high heat).
- Melt butter. Add cheese, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasonings and stir well.
- Add corn to large piece of foil and pour mixture evenly over the top of the corn. Wrap with more foil so the top is covered.
- Grill for 15 minutes, turn over and grill for another 15 minutes.