These crispy baked buffalo wings are to die for! They are so easy and taste fantastic. You’ll want to save this recipe!
I have 2 tween boys and a husband. I think that makes us chicken wing experts. It’s always a go-to Friday night or game day dinner for us. It’s definitely a favorite in my house. However, it can get really expensive ordering out, even half priced buffalo wings aren’t cheap.
With some experimenting, we’ve come up with an easy recipe that we think you’ll love. We LOVE crispy wings and this is a great recipe.
These crispy chicken wings cook at a high heat for a long time. It gets the moisture out of the skin and that’s what makes them perfectly crispy and golden brown! The crispy skin on these are the best! Scroll down to the recipe card to print out.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
We’ve been out of town most of July and I have been LAZY! I’ve been doing cleaning and laundry and trying to save money from all of our adventures! We put ourselves on a no eating out challenge for 30 days! I’ve been piecing together a menu and added these on. I usually make double and have extras for snacks and lunches for the kids.
These are great for several reasons.
- They bake in the oven so no need to use a messy deep fryer and stink up the house. I don’t do any deep frying recipes, except one- homemade corn dogs.
- Since they are baked, they are healthier than a fried wing recipe.
- While they are cooking you can clean up and other food!
I like to cook wings in the air fryer too, but we eat a lot and I can cook all that I need in one batch in the oven.
Kitchen Tools to Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Rimmed baking sheet with wire racks– I do recommend this set up for making oven baked buffalo wings. I love how the oven-safe rack fits perfectly into your rimmed baking sheet so it’s not sliding around. I do line the baking sheet with foil to make cleanup faster.
Large bowl– I LOVE stainless steel bowls. They are great in the kitchen for all kinds of cooking and baking. They hold up well and don’t need to replace often. They are easy to clean and can even be put in the dishwasher.
Tongs– Tongs are great for this recipe. You can get the wings off your baking sheet and then use them to mix with the buffalo sauce.
Ingredients for Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Chicken winglettes- They just opened a Costco about four miles from my house and it’s turned into the best place to get raw chicken wings. The packs are huge and they have a great price!
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Buffalo sauce- You’ll want to use your favorite buffalo sauce. The favorite in our house is Franks! You can also use BBQ sauce and any additional hot sauce for those who like it even spicer for hot wings.
How to make Crispy Buffalo Wings in the oven
Preheat the oven to 425F. You’ll want to make sure your oven is nice and hot before you put in your wings.
Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Use paper towels to remove excess moisture from the chicken skin.
Place wings in a large mixing bowl and add the dry ingredients. Toss chicken wings with hands until they are well coated.
Place the coated wings in a single layer on a wire rack and inside a rimmed sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake until done.
Once the chicken is out of the oven, add them to a bowl and pour buffalo sauce on top. Toss until chicken is well coated.
You want to serve these with celery stalks, sliced carrots, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing.
Spray your wire rack with some nonstick spray so your wings don’t stick when baking!
You’ll want to cut up carrots and celery sticks along with your favorite dipping sauce, like ranch and blue cheese dressing.
Store any leftover wings in an airtight container. You can reheat them in the air fryer to crisp them back up.
More favorite recipes you’ll like.
- Bacon Bombs– My favorite!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker
- Three-Cheese Queso Dip
- Sausage Balls– Always a crowd-pleaser. I make these all the time now for my kids to eat for breakfast and have as a snack.
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- 2 lbs chicken winglettes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place wings in large bowl and add in the dry ingredients. Toss chicken wings with hands until coated.
- Place chicken on a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, add to a bowl and pour buffalo sauce on top. Toss until chicken is coated well.
- Serve with celery, carrots, blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Thursday 4th of April 2019
This recipe was totally delicious, but I ended up baking an additional 10 minutes until golden brown. I’m looking forward to making this again, but I will bake on a rack that’s been sprayed with Pam, etc., or make sure to spray the foil liner generously, so I don’t have to chisel off the wings from the bare foil.