The best time to eat these bacon bombs is when they come out of the oven and the cheese is warm and gooey. A side of marinara to dip makes this recipe perfect.
OK- You are going to love this! We were having homemade pizza tonight. Since I was already making one pizza dough, I went ahead and made a second for these AWESOME bacon cheese bombs!! My kids LOVE these!
I originally had something like these out at a restaurant and they were charging $5 for one bacon bomb. I knew I could make an appetizer using bacon that tasted even better AND for a better price and I scored!
Bacon Bomb Recipe
These are great for a Super Bowl party or just a Friday evening with the kids. My family loves a night of just appetizers for dinner and this is a great addition to the menu. I’m always on the lookout for more bacon appetizer ideas because everyone loves bacon.
What are bacon bombs?
A bacon bomb is dough filled with gooey cheese and bacon that’s baked to a golden brown color. It’s a great recipe because everyone can have their own bacon bomb to eat. You’ll want to serve it with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Ingredients for Cheesy Bacon Bombs
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bacon– Cook bacon before adding to the recipe- Here’s how to do that in the oven, while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Garlic powder
- Pizza dough– You can make your own homemade pizza dough or use a refrgerated store bought one
How to make cheesy bacon bombs
Mix up the pizza dough according to the directions.
Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cooked bacon and garlic powder. Mix well.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and divide into 8 equal sections.
Divide the cheese mixture equally and put on top of each section. You’ll want to gather up all the sides and pinch them to seal up all the edges. Place sealed edges down on a baking sheet and place your bacon bombs in the oven.
Bake 16-20 minutes or until dough is brown.
Here are more appetizer recipes you may like.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon slices cooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pizza dough make your own or refrigerated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix up the pizza dough according to the directions.
- Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cooked bacon and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and divide into 8 equal sections.
- Divide the cheese mixture equally and put on top of each section. You’ll want to gather up all the sides and pinch them to seal up all the edges.
- Place sealed edged down on a baking sheet.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until dough is brown.