Are you looking for new camping desserts that are easy to make? Smacos are a simple campfire dessert that will soon be a family favorite.
It’s officially fall and everyone will be outside enjoying their backyard fire pits. And family camping trips aren’t too far away either. This is one of the best camping desserts and a family favorite.
One reason I love it so much is that my kids can make their own. If you love s’mores, you will love this!
The Best EASY Camping Dessert- Smacos!
If you’re looking for new and delicious campfire desserts, here’s one you probably already have the ingredients for and already on your packing list so you won’t be adding anything new. Skip the graham crackers this year. Don’t they always get crushed anyway?
You know after you get to your campsite and set up, get organized, and make dinner you are exhausted AND now your kids want dessert. These are a very simple campfire dessert that your kids can make on their own. They’re perfect for the first night of camping. Save your fancy dutch oven apple cobbler and banana boats for the next night.
What makes this great camping recipe is that you don’t have to clean up anything when you’re done, no dirty cast iron skillet or gooey marshmallow roasting sticks, especially when it’s dark out. All you need is a campfire.
Ingredients for Smacos
Flour tortillas- The taco sized tortillas are best for this recipe, not to big or small. The street taco size could be perfect for small children.
Chocolate chips– I like to use milk chocolate morsels in my recipes so that’s normally what I have in my pantry and use.
Peanut butter– You can use creamy or crunchy for this recipe.
Tongs– You’ll need a good pair of these to get your smaco out of the fire. I usually keep a pair in my camping bins.
How to make the best camping dessert recipe
Start out by placing your tortilla on a piece of foil and spreading peanut butter on half the tortilla.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter. Add 10-12 mini marshmallows on top.
Fold your tortilla in half and securely wrap your smaco in foil.
Place your foiled smaco in the fire. Cooking time will depend on your fire and where you place your smaco. It won’t take long if you put it in a hot area. Don’t forget to flip it over!
Carefully take your smaco out of the fire with tongs. It will be very hot.
You don’t have to wait long before it’s cool enough to eat.
It will be very tempting to add more chocolate and marshmallows. However, you’ll want to be very careful because once it’s all melted it will be very gooey and oozing all over the place. Less is more in this recipe.
More Camping Recipes you’ll like
- Breakfast burritos– I make these everytime we go camping and they are awesome. I actually make them for school mornings too. They are super easy and a filling meal that you make ahead of time.
Smacos Camping Dessert
- 1 flour tortilla taco size
- 10-12 mini marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Place your tortilla on a piece of foil.
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter over half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (or a little more) chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter.
- Add 10-12 mini marshmallows on top.
- Fold your tortilla in half and securely wrap your smaco in the foil.
- Place your foiled smaco in the fire.
- Carefully take your smaco out of the fire with tongs with everything has melted. Time will vary.