Try these FANTASTIC 3-ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. With only a few ingredients, they’re super easy to make. They won’t last long.
It’s fall and I’ve been stocking up on canned pumpkin for the past few weeks. Every time I go to the grocery store, I grab a can because you’ll never know when you’ll be in the mood for a pumpkin recipe!!
Pumpkin and chocolate are 2 of my favorite foods so this is the perfect recipe for me. It’s also easy and quick, with only 3 ingredients so the kids can easily help. Scroll down to grab the recipe for these 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a great recipe with a yummy pumpkin flavor. They’re light and fluffy and perfect for your fall bake sale at church or school.
Having only 3 ingredients is the best part of the recipe. It’s great for beginners and younger bakers. No need for butter and sugars!
The third reason these are great is that they’re eggless. For those that aren’t regular readers of my website, I’m allergic to eggs and I have a lot of desserts that are egg free. This is a great eggless dessert that everyone will enjoy.
Tools to make 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
Baking Sheet– I’ve had these baking sheets forever and love that they are bigger. I can usually get 16 cookies on a sheet when I’m baking.
Handheld Electric Mixer– You can use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you don’t have to get it out if you don’t want to. A simple hand mixer will do fine. I actually use my hand mixer way more than my stand mixer. It’s just easier to get out and clean. Anyway, the hand mixer I linked to above is one I got for a wedding gift over twenty years ago and it’s still going strong and I bake A LOT! I definitely recommend it.
Large bowl– I LOVE stainless steel bowls. They are great in the kitchen for all kinds of cooking and baking. They hold up well and don’t need to replace often.
Ingredients needed for eggless pumpkin cookies
- spice cake mix
- pumpkin puree- NOT pumpkin pie filling, just regular pumpkin.
- chocolate chips- I normally bake with milk chocolate morsels but semi sweet chocolate chips will do.
Here’s one of the ingredients that I use. It’s the Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix. So now you’ll know what to look for when you go to the grocery store.
How to make these simple chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
Grab a large mixing bowl and add your dry ingredients (the cake mix) first.
Add in the pumpkin puree and chocolate chips and stir until well combined. This batter will be very thick.
Line your baking sheet with baking mats or give a light spray with oil. Some people like to use parchment paper, but I haven’t used that on this recipe.
Bake for 20 minutes and place on a wire rack to cool.
You can add cream cheese icing if you’d like, but I think they are really good without the icing. The pumpkin pie spice isn’t overwhelming and I love the chocolate chips added in.
UPDATE- I was being lazy when I made these today and just used a fork to mix it. I didn’t want to get out my hand mixer. It worked great! Makes this recipe even easier!
More pumpkin recipes!
Here are some more pumpkin recipes I have that are easy and delicious. It’s hard to pick my favorite! If you want to start with one, I would do the pumpkin spice coffee creamer. It’s a popular one on the blog.
- Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake– Another quick recipe that’s EASY!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer– Who doesn’t like pumpkin spiced lattes? Make this creamer, it’s just as good as the store bought.
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies– This is one of my favorites! The icing on these is to die for!
- Pumpkin Waffles– Have pumpkin all day long, even for breakfast.
- Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers– This isn’t pumpkin flavored, just a cute pumpkin shaped food.
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels or more
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Combine the cake mix and pumpkin in a bowl and mix with your hand mixer until well blended. It will be thick.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto your baking sheet. I sprayed my baking pan with my Misto.
- Bake for 20 minutes.