It’s the time of year for eggless pumpkin cookies! This pumpkin cookie recipe is perfect for fall. Icing’s not optional and makes these cookies perfect.
It’s fall ya’ll! I love all things pumpkin. (I even have a Pumpkin Food Pinterest board!) These delicious cookies are one of the first things that I make when October rolls around and the weather turns cooler. The icing on these is the best and makes these iced homemade pumpkin cookies one of our family favorites.
I made these back in August so I could take some pictures for this post. My kids and the neighbors were so happy. They hadn’t had them in so long and left about six for me!
Eggless Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin is such a great food and I love it! It’s high in vitamins A and C, low calorie, AND you can eat the seeds. The seeds are high in fiber and have protein, which makes for a great snack.
I always stock up on canned pumpkin because you really use it in so many recipes.
These pumpkin cookies are very cakey and soft. I don’t know about you, but a lot of times I’m in a hurry and take short cuts and leave steps out. I’m telling you now, make sure you don’t skip the icing.
The icing is what makes these cookies the best! When you take these out of the oven and place them on the cooling racks (these are the ones I have), make sure to put down wax or parchment paper on your counter.
When you drizzle the icing over the cookies, they will drip and it makes cleanup so much easier.
Tools to make Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Baking Sheets– I’ve had these baking sheets forever and love that they are bigger. I can usually get 16 cookies on a sheet when I’m baking.
Handheld Electric Mixer– You can use a stand mixer for this recipe, but you don’t have to get it out if you don’t want to. A simple hand mixer will do fine. I actually use my hand mixer way more than my stand mixer. It’s just easier to get out and clean. Anyway, the hand mixer I linked to above is one I got for a wedding gift over twenty years ago and it’s still going strong and I bake A LOT! I definitely recommend it.
Large bowl– I LOVE stainless steel bowls. They are great in the kitchen for all kinds of cooking and baking. They hold up well and don’t need to replace often.
Wire Rack– You have to have a wire rack for this recipe and I like the one linked because it doesn’t take up much room in your cabinet. If you see the photo below you see why. Place some parchment paper under the wire rack and the icing can drip down through the rack. Just throw the parchment paper away for an easy cleanup.
Ingredients for this Eggless Pumpkin Cookie Recipe.
- Flour- I’ve had several people message me about using wheat flour. I have never used it for this recipe so I’m not sure how they’ll turn out. I’ve done many recipes with half wheat and half white flour and they have all turned out well. Again, I haven’t tried it with this recipe though.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
You can replace nutmeg and cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice.
- Butter (vegan butter like Earth Balance is fine too)
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract- You can make your homemade vanilla. Here are the instructions.
- Powdered sugar
- Butter (Vegan butter is acceptable here too.)
- Milk (You can use water if you are making this vegan.)
How to make egg free pumpkin cookies
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add in pumpkin puree, vanilla, and water.
Add flour mixture to sugar and blend using an electric mixer. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for no more than 15 minutes, usually less depending on the oven.
While cookies are baking, beat powdered sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and milk together. Drizzle on cookies while they are still warm.
Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
You can make these vegan pumpkin cookies by replacing the dairy butter with vegan butter like Earth Balance and the milk with water.
I have a few more pumpkin recipes on my blog that you’ll like.
- Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– The #1 recipe on my site.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies ( Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Pumpkin Waffles
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Iced Eggless Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in pumpkin, vanilla, and water.
- Add flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto ungreased baking pan.
- Bake 11-14 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, beat powdered sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and milk together.
- When cookies are warm, drizzle icing on top.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.