Does your family like having movie night? Here are some great movies for tweens that you will enjoy too. Grab the popcorn!
Tweens are at such a weird age and finding movies for tweens that are appropriate can be tough. However, there are a lot of timeless movies and movies made today that are great for both you and your tween and you both can enjoy them
I am so excited for summer!! I love later bedtimes and sleeping in and that there’s no baseball, soccer, football, and lacrosse practice. It’s so nice to be unscheduled and can just chill!
I love finding movies for my older kids who are 11 and 13. I love to see their faces when a good story comes on and not just a silly cartoon.
Now that my kids are getting older, movie night is much more fun! We love watching movies and we’re always streaming TV shows.
I’ve recently starting updating the DVD’s in my car to more age appropriate movies- out with the cartoons and in with some live action!
I tried to come up with some movies both girls and boys would like. My daughter is 9 so I had a harder time with those and tried to think back at the movies I liked! 🙂
OVER 75 of the BEST Movies for Tweens
We took a break from movies for a couple of weeks and streamed Stranger Things. Both my boys loved this show and recommend it to your family. We can’t wait for season 3!
Before you get to the list, I want you to see our new favorite movie popcorn! It’s so good. We’ve been having it all summer. It’s honey cinnamon and so EASY! It’s a nice change from regular popcorn and perfect if you have a sweet tooth.
I also have a candied popcorn recipe that’s just as delicious!
What is a good movie for tweens?
Here are some of the movies that are in my queue to watch this summer!
- Forrest Gump– My kids are HUGE fans of Tom Hanks and we even had a month or two where we only watched movies starring Tom Hanks.
- Harry and the Henderson’s
- Cloak and Dagger
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Better Off Dead
- The Boy Who Could Fly
- Dead Poets Society
- The Princess Bride– Everyone loves this fairy tale!
- Short Circuit
- The Parent Trap
- Happy Gilmore
- The Black Stallion
More movies for 13 year olds.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Series- All movies! If you’re fans of Johnny Depp then go back and watch his old school movie Cry Baby. I’m really show my age with that one but I watched that movie over and over when I was younger.
- The Perfect Game
- High School Musical– I had to add a few musicals in the list too.
- The Dark Crystal
- The NeverEnding Story
- Bend it Like Beckham
- The NEW Jumanji– We LOVE this movie! Jack Black is so funny.
- The Great Outdoors
- School of Rock
Here are more…
- Space Balls
- The Outsiders– This is a great classic. I had my boys read the book and then we watched the movie together. Stay Gold!
- The Perks for Being a Wallflower
- A League of Their Own– Not very many movies make me cry, but this is one of them. Both boys and girls love this movie because of its great story and of course Tom Hanks AGAIN!
- Groundhog Day
- All the Karate Kid movies
- One Crazy Summer
- 13 Going on 30– My kids have always liked movies that take place in New York City. I think that’s because we have visited several times and have seen many of the sites in the movies.
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Father of the Bride
- Mrs. Doubtfire– Robin Williams is so good in this movie!
- War Games
- Ender’s Game
- Rudy– This movie is even better because you know it’s a true story.
- Edward Scissorhands– Tim Burton has made many good films for this age group. Did you know this is owned by Disney?
- Ever After
- Jaws– 3 movie series- Any movie directed by Steven Spielberg is a winner in my book!
- Stand By Me This is rated R, but their ages are around 12 years old. We let my older son watch it and he enjoyed it.
- Twilight series
- Weekend at Bernie’s
- Dumb and Dumber– Who doesn’t love a good comedy?
- Back to the Future Series
- Percy Jackson
- Hunger Games– Complete Series
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Harry Potter Collection- 8 Movies
- Hidden Figures
- The Rookie
- Jurassic Park Collection
- Little Women
- The Blindside
- Remember the Titans
- The Hobbit Trilogy
- Never Been Kissed
You’re almost at the end!
- The Maze Runner Trilogy
- Independence Day
- The NEW Independence Day
- Overboard- Old version and NEW version
- Apollo 13
- Cool Runnings
- Rocky bundle
- The Pursuit of Happyness
- National Treasure
You can get a lot of these movies on Amazon Prime Video too! Consider signing up to get movies, if you aren’t already. It’s a good deal.
Am I missing something? I could keep going and going, but I made myself stop! When I see a movie that we’ve watched or a new one I come back here to see if it’s on the list. Let me know if there is one I need to add.
You may also like this post!