This is the perfect treat for a special morning- EASY and DELICIOUS eggless chocolate pancakes! You’ll want to save this recipe.
I usually don’t make a fancy breakfast like this, but I have to tell you…this is a good one. I LOVE chocolate and everyone else in my family does too. This is the perfect special treat for them.
Load this up with whipped cream and extra chocolate chips and you’re guaranteed to have a day with the kids, right?
Eggless Chocolate Pancakes
These chocolate pancakes are super easy and don’t take any more time than normal pancakes. They have a great taste and could even be a great dessert. You can serve this with fresh berries to give it a pop of color.
Kitchen tools I use to make this eggless chocolate pancake recipe.
- Batter bowl with a handle– I love this bowl, but you can also use any large bowl. If you have read any of my recipes, then you know I LOVE stainless steel bowls.
- Griddle– Again- you don’t need a griddle, but I love that you can make 4 pancakes at a time. A skillet will work just as well.
- BIG rubber pancake turner– This makes flipping pancakes so much easier! If you make pancakes a lot, it’s worth the few dollars.
Ingredients for chocolate pancakes without eggs
- All purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla extract– I love vanilla! It’s gives baked goods such a great flavor. I make homemade vanilla extract and it’s super easy because it only takes two ingredients. You can hop over there to see the instructions on that if you’re interested in making your own too.
- Milk- You can use regular milk in this recipe, not buttermilk.
- Applesauce- You can use sweetened or unsweetened applesauce. I normally use sweetened, but you can use whatever you have in your pantry.
- Mini chocolate chips- These are optional but really good.
How to make chocolate pancakes
Add your dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl and stir.
Add in milk, vanilla extract, and applesauce and mix well.
Add in mini chocolate chips.
Heat pan to medium and pour 1/4 cup pancake batter for each pancake. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. Cook until done.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you know I’m allergic to eggs and I don’t like making anything that I can’t eat.
If you are coming to this recipe because it’s egg free, then you’re in luck! I have an egg free desserts Pinterest board. If you like searching for things on Pinterest, make sure to follow that board to get all kinds of dessert recipes. I have over 1000 items pinned now.
I’ve started an eggless dessert Facebook page. When I find good recipes, I’ve been posting them over there.
More Eggless Breakfasts
- Biscuits and Homemade Gravy
- Breakfast Pizza– This is a family favorite. My kids love it.
- Eggless Blueberry Muffins
- Eggless Pumpkin Muffins
Reminder: It would be GREAT if you could leave any feedback in the comment section and give me a 5 star rating. I love it when people rate my recipes for other readers to help when they are looking for something new to make.
Eggless Chocolate Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar together in bowl and stir.
- Add in milk, vanilla, and applesauce and mix well.
- Add in mini chocolate chips.
- Heat pan to medium heat and pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. Cook until done.