Best Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy Recipe
Why don’t you change up your breakfast tomorrow morning? This breakfast pizza with sausage gravy is so delicious and super easy. Who doesn’t love pizza?
We love breakfast at my house. It’s the one meal that everyone will eat a ton and try all different kinds of foods.
Pizza is everyone’s favorite so I thought I would try something new with this recipe. My daughter and I were out grocery shopping and she saw a breakfast pizza. I looked at the price and said, “No way!” It was a ridiculous price.
The pizza crusts I purchased for this recipe are from Aldi. It’s a 3 pack of personal sized pizza, for a total of 6 servings. However, you can buy any pizza crust you prefer.
Here’s what the Aldi crusts look like and they are located near the pizza sauce and pasta in my store.
Homemade Pizza with Sausage Gravy Breakfast Recipe
I’m from the south and we love biscuits and gravy. Instead of pizza sauce, I added sausage gravy.
If you have made my gravy before from my biscuit and gravy post, this one is slightly different. This one’s a little thicker. I wanted to make sure, when the pizza was cut, the gravy didn’t run off the crust and into your plate. You’ll be able to pick this up and eat it like a piece of pizza.
Something I can’t live without and use all the time is my pizza cutter. I was going to show you this one I own, but when I went to Amazon to get the link I found this one. It is Amazon’s pick and has a ton of good reviews.
Ingredients for breakfast pizza with gravy
- Pork sausage– You can use your favorite brqand, but I normally us Jimmy Dean mild flavor.
- All purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Cheese– Any shredded cheese will work. I normally buy mild or sharp cheddar cheese so that’s what I put on my breakfast pizza.
- Pizza crusts– Like I said above, I used the Aldi brand, but any brand is fine.
- Olive oil
How to make sausage breakfast pizza recipe
Turn the oven on to preheat to 425F and brown your sausage over medium heat in a medium sized pot.
Once sausage is cooked, stir in flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
Slowly pour in milk while continuously stirring. Add black pepper.
Brush pizza crust with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Add 1/3- 1/2 cup gravy to each crust and spread until the bottom is covered. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Here are some more breakfast recipes you may enjoy.
Breakfast Pizza with Sausage Gravy
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cheese shredded
- 3 pack pizza crusts Aldi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Brown sausage in medium sized pot.
- Once sausage is cooked, stir in flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly pour in milk while continuously stirring.
- Add pepper.
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- Add 1/3- 1/2 cup gravy to each crust and spread until the bottom is covered.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes.