Are you looking for the best movies for boys? This list of PG movies is perfect for a family movie night!
My kids love movie night. We don’t do it often because we just don’t have time. They love it when we pull out all the blankets and make popcorn and spend time together. I have two boys that are 7 and 9. It can be hard to find a movie that’s appropriate for their ages that we can all enjoy.
Between Christmas break and snow days we’ve been able to watch a lot more than we normally do. I also have a daughter that’s 4 and luckily she loves all movies so she doesn’t complain at all.
These are the best movies for 7 year olds all the way to 13 year olds! Make sure to make this popcorn recipe too!
Movie Night for Boys
- Karate Kid (the original)– Who remembers this movie? Everyone, right? You’ll be walking around again saying, “Sweep the leg!” or “Wax on, wax off.” Just beware that a few “crane” kicks may be thrown around!
- When the Game Stands Tall– This is a newer movie and a true story. If your kids love sports, especially football, this movie is for you. It’s about hard work, coming back from adversity, and just being a good person and doing what’s right. If I had one complaint about it, it would be that there was almost too many football scenes for my taste…I’m more of a baseball Mom.
- Gremlins– This is another old one that we all loved. It was a little scary at times for my 4 year old, but she hid her eyes and then went back watching. They couldn’t stop asking what would happen next.
- Elf– I wasn’t sure if they would like this, but we were all cracking up. This makes a fantastic stocking stuffer to get them through Christmas break.
- Rookie of the Year– This is about a boy that gets to play in the major leagues. I wasn’t a huge fan of this one, but my “baseball” boys saw their dreams come true on the big screen.
- E.T.– I remember seeing this when I was little in the movie theater. And they loved it as much as I did. Kids love stories told through their eyes, where adults are just in the background. Full disclosure, there is some mild profanity used by children.
- Million Dollar Arm– We just rented this from Red Box this weekend. I liked it because it’s a true story with a focus on hard work, the importance of perseverance, and doing the right thing.
- Home Alone– Kids love it when characters beat the bad guys!
- The Mighty Ducks- A group of guys that don’t seem to be the best team, rise to the top. A great David versus Goliath style movie.
- Dennis the Menace– A young boy that can’t stop bothering the neighbor, they were laughing a lot.
Update– We just watched Field of Dreams this weekend and they loved it!
The best part about all these movies is that they are rated PG. So many movies these days are PG-13, even the ones they market to children. So, if you’re stuck in the snow or have a lazy weekend maybe you can watch a good movie with your family.
You may also like this.