This is the best and tastiest side dish you can make. These oven basil potatoes are easy and your entire family will love them.
I was cooking these potatoes tonight for dinner and my kids were talking bout how good they were. We have them often and I realized that I didn’t have them up here for you guys. So… while they were waiting patiently, I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures and decided to write it up. There are never any left when I make these oven roasted potatoes.
I always have potatoes in my pantry and roast potatoes are the easiest. Mashed potatoes are good, but I like making these better. My kids can eat them with ketchup or plain because they are so flavorful and will go with any protein you’re serving.
If you have never tried to grow fresh herbs, basil is the easiest to grow. You can grow it in a container or the ground, it doesn’t matter. I have increased the plants I grow every year for the past few years because I keep using more and more. It’s so great to be able to go grab a fresh leaf. If you plan to make pesto for your family you’ll need a lot more though. That’s why I have a few plants.
I love adding it to homemade pizzas, making my pesto or to recipes like this one.
Ingredients for basil potatoes
- Potatoes- The yukon gold or red potatoes are great for this recipe.
- Basil- You can use fresh basil, but the amounts for this is for dried basil. If you use fresh basil, you’ll want to increase the amount to two tablespoons.
- Salt to taste- You can even add a little black pepper if you’d like.
- Parsley- You’ll want to use dried parsley for this recipe
- Olive oil
How to make basil potatoes
Preheat oven to 425F and slice each potato into bite-sized pieces. You can leave the peel on or off, your preference.
Place pieces into large baggie and add olive oil, chopped fresh basil, salt, and parsley. Zip up tightly and squish around until each pieced is covered.
Dump out into baking pan, spread out and place in oven.
Cook for 20 minutes, take out, stir and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve immediately while they’re still warm.
More recipes you’ll like.
- 6 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice each potato into bite sized pieces.
- Place pieces into large baggie and add olive oil, basil, salt, and parsley. Zip up tightly and squish around until each piece is covered.
- Dump out on to baking sheet, spread out and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, take out and turn pieces over and put back in for another 20 minutes.