What an easy meal for busy week night. These one pan shrimp fajitas are quick, delicious and the perfect family dinner.
I’m allergic to shrimp! Boo! However, my kids aren’t and they love it (my husband too)! I try and mix up our proteins at dinner and shrimp is so easy to make.
You can keep a pack in the freezer and pull it out in emergencies. It’s pretty inexpensive too! They gave this recipe two thumbs up so I thought I would take a picture and put it up here.
These one pan shrimp fajitas took about 15 minutes from start to finish, perfect for a busy week night when there’s no time for cooking.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajita Recipe
Shrimp is a great protein to add to your menu. They are versatile and can be served warm or cold. It can be broiled, grilled, sauteed, and steamed and they’re small so it never takes long to cook.
They are low in fat, low calorie and contains antioxidents.
There isn’t a good reason to leave shrimp off the menu anymore.
Why sheet pan dinners?
One pan dinners are one of my most favorite meals to make. The main reason is cleanup is a breeze, usually a knife and pan. When it’s lined with foil, it’s even easier! I cook in my slow cooker a lot, but sometimes I need a break from those kinds of meals.
I also love that everything is done at the same time so you don’t have to worry about the timing of all your dinner items.
However, the most important reason sheet pan dinners are so good is that they’re normally heavy in healthy vegetables, making your meal good for the whole family.
Ingredients for one sheet pan shrimp fajitas
- Shrimp– Make sure to get RAW shrimp. There’s a lot of frozen shrimp to choose from so if you get that, make sure to get the raw not cooked.
- Red bell pepper– Make sure to slice thin. You can also use yellow, orange or green bell peppers too.
- Red onion– You’ll want to slice this thin so you don’t get a big onion in one bite.
- Taco seasoning mix– You can buy the little packets or make your own!
- Lime juice– If you have a fresh lime, then great. If not, you can use the store-bought juice as a substitute.
- Tortillas– You can use corn or flour tortillas for this recipe. I prefer corn.
- Avocado– This is optional, but not for me!
How to make recipe for easy shrimp fajitas
Preheat oven too 400F and line your pan with foil. Spray with a nonstick spray.
Place shrimp (with tails off) in baggie and add taco seasoning. Shake well until shrimp are coated.
Place in a single layer- sliced onions, sliced bell peppers and coated shrimp on rimmed baking sheet. Squeeze the juice of one lime on top of all.
Cook time is super short, 6-8 minutes (less than 15 minutes in total time) or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with warmed tortillas.
More Shrimp Recipes for your Family Dinner
If you incorporate shrimp into your dinner meals, you’ll want to check out these recipes. Make sure to bookmark!
- Simple Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Simple Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta
- Garlic Butter Shrimp with Tomatoes and Kale
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 20-25 medium raw shrimp
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 1 oz taco seasoning mix or make your own!
- juice of 1 lime
- Avocado Optional
- Preheat oven too 400F.
- Line pan with foil and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Place shrimp (with tails off) in baggie.
- Add taco seasoning and shake well until shrimp are coated.
- Place sliced onions, sliced peppers, and coated shrimp onto pan.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime on top of all.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with warmed tortillas.